In my opinion, trading is one of the only few ways left to thrive in this world.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by d-rock1080, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Mav88

Mav88

stop dreaming and start doing

Advice: get a plan B

#11     Aug 7, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Nothing. It just means you're probably a spider.

#12     Aug 7, 2010
  3. Mav88

Mav88

I don't trade for a living because I don't need to, I trade for a better living. I am glad that I had another career and sometimes I thank my lucky stars that I didn't roll the dice all on trading.

You may just become one of the good ones and then you can call me foolish, but what if you don't? Every successful trader knows risk control, extend that concept to your life.

#13     Aug 7, 2010
  4. ammo

ammo

if you are a trader,your biggest tool is your brain, and your biggest obstacle,your ego,OP should start figuring how to squelch it as soon as possible,number one reason for a traders failure is holding a losing position, 99% of the time, that was the ego overriding the brain

#14     Aug 7, 2010
  5. I couldn't agree more!

#15     Aug 7, 2010
  6. All newbies think like that, but the thinking is wrong. The roadblocks surface when enough capital is available. They are actually the "other side", who will do everything possible so you can lose to them. You need to do everything possible so they do not succeed. Maybe now you do not understand what I am talking about. Remember, when you have a lot of trading money, somewhere, someone, prepares a huge drawdown with your name on it to be issued. If you are not prepared you will bite it.

#16     Aug 7, 2010

7. Passionate kiss, like spider web, lead to undoing of fly

#17     Aug 7, 2010
  8. I had a pen pal in Japan and she used a lot of "I's when she wrote. This was some years ago and maybe this is her.

(Dang I can't remember her name)

#18     Aug 7, 2010
  9. Thanks for all of the helpful responses and encouragement everybody. This is a great time for me to move forward with trading and maintain my job. I will keep you posted on my success. The comment by ammo is very helpful, tight stops have always been a key part of my strategy. By the way, I am not Chinese or Japanese, or female, but a young American man:)

#19     Aug 7, 2010
  10. maxpi

maxpi

The world economy should revive, it nearly always does. Trading is a great option in life but it does not lead to emotional maturity, quite the opposite probably. It might be best to pursue a career, work with [and against] people, mature and establish yourself, but I would never, ever, stop studying trading. Trading is the ultimate ace in the hole, just make sure you have the capital and you have the skill and you won't have to be so dependent on super-fickle employment... and remember WIN stands for Work is Nonprofit...

#20     Aug 7, 2010