In my idea, the problem with america is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by no_alone, Mar 31, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Don't the foreigners get into prestige universities and work for worthwhile degrees? I doubt they're coming over here to get into community college to study literature.

#31     Mar 31, 2008
  2. Quote from Landis82:

The nation had a NEGATIVE savings rate for the entire year of 2005. And people wonder why we have the Fed around to facilitate capital formation, investment, jobs, economic growth, etc.

That is a myth. They don't bother factoring in things like pension/IRA/401K savings, equity in homes and businesses, personal possessions, and numerous other things. The private total holdings of US citizens dwarfs that of any other country.

My folks have a completely paid off home in the burbs, a few hundred thousand in IRAs, decent personal holdings, and a decent pension from a large computer corporation, and decent inflow from Social Security.

My sister owns and is building equity in her own business.

Neither of them is really considered as having "high savings rates"

They are not "wealthy" but compared to the rest of the world, they are easily in the top 10%.

#32     Mar 31, 2008
  3. MSCHEY,

I wouldn't say that China is a good model for America to follow but I would like to point that they might have gotten some of their ideas from us. 'Rolling tanks into a square to kill college kids' isn't a whole lot different than Ohio state Guardsmen killing 8 students at Kent state.

Sending 'millions' (where did that number come from) to 'conquer & control a naton of peaceful people' is not a whole lot different than the US invading Korea, Vietnam, Iraq with a whole bunch of soldiers and killing 3.5 to 4 MILLION people. At least China's action in Tibet occurred in an area that has been 'Chinese' for thousands of years.

Lastly, China's toy industry might have used lead-based paint but OUR corporations bought the goods. In any event, you could multiply al the lead-based pant shipped from China to America and it still wouldn't come close to the poisons that we are exporting to the 3rd world EVERY DAY for the last 60 years.

Work on cleaning up OUR house before changing China.

#33     Mar 31, 2008
  4. I don't think the issue is with universities...even the little community colleges. They don't care if you pass or fail as long as you paid your tuition.

The issue is in public schools and the whole "no child left behind" philosophy that seems to be becoming more and more prevalent. Just because one dumb ass isn't passing due to his/her being too lazy to learn the material, the schools just make the curriculum easier and easier until that child is able to pass. This is destroying the public school system's quality of education.

I fell like the movie "Idiocracy" is coming true. For those that don't know, it was a stupid movie that is basically about how the less intelligent people are breeding faster than the more intelligent people and eventually the average IQ of the population drops so low that they can barely survive.

#34     Mar 31, 2008
  5. Friend,
    Your English writing is pretty poor. That said, I can't say a lick of Chinese, so I have very little room to criticize you.
    Regarding your post:
    The 18th Century belonged to the French, the 19th to the British and the 20th to the
    United States.
    I look at our dominance of the world and believe that we could once again share the title with another country - I'm thinking China here. Sharing the title of "Superpower" is something we have done before; the British (in the first part of the 20th C & then the Soviets after WWII) and Russians were both our equals at different times in the previous century. I see no reason why the Chinese cannot also (at least temporarily) be an equal of ours.
    But there is something to be said for the fact that the US as the world's leader has staying power. We are paternalistic, but we are not colonizers. We are widely distributed in terms of income, but we are not czarist Russia. We are powerful and have remained powerful for a long time because we offer the freedoms to our citizens that a place like China does not, we treat the world more equally than the British Empire did, and - despite the numerous anti-Wal-Mart grumblings, our society is not yet fundamentally flawed enough to ever warrant a Tennis Court Oath a la France.
    Andrew

#35     Mar 31, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

America has problems that much is true BUT so do you and so does everyone else.

Your thread stinks of propaganda and nonsense.

Before you judge your brother take a look at yourself.

Capitalism even with all it's downfalls still beats all the alternatives that organized governments offer.

#36     Mar 31, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

I will remind you that IF it were not for American pressures YOU and all your other rice burning friends would be under the wheels of a communist tank.

Modern China owes much to the US, so shut the fuck up !

And just so you know, I'm a Canadian :cool:

#37     Mar 31, 2008
  8. Vas62

Vas62

I just sick of those chineese bs..ing on every corner how great and smart they are and how stupid all other,especially americans.
    And in the same time packs and packs of them still moving here,getting american education and jobs and some of them even spying on country that gave them all that they wanted.

Surprisinly nobody tells him to STFU,instead trying to kiss his ass...yes,we are overconsumed, yes we are dumb..

Disgusting

EDIT: While posting,the previous poster told him to STFU.
    My apologies to this person.(not the chineese shmuck).

#38     Mar 31, 2008
  9. you better learn how to kiss chinese asses because there are so many of them and they are getting richer and stronger every day. Soon the great china will rule the world.

I am not chinese by the way.

#39     Mar 31, 2008
  10. Vas62

Vas62

Another one.

#40     Mar 31, 2008