In my idea, the problem with america is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by no_alone, Mar 31, 2008.

1. The nation had a NEGATIVE savings rate for the entire year of 2005. And people wonder why we have the Fed around to facilitate capital formation, investment, jobs, economic growth, etc.

This is nothing new.
    Americans have always been BIG consumers. But this latest ET "epiphany" certainly doesn't have anything to do with the TRADING FORUM.

P.S. The amount of spelling and grammatical errors on this thread by so-called Americans is certainly a very poor reflection of our Education system.

:(

#21     Mar 31, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

We could solve a LOT of problems if we just culled everyone with an IQ of under 135, or so.

#22     Mar 31, 2008
  3. Mvic

Mvic

At the very least it would make reading ET a more fruitful exercise :D

#23     Mar 31, 2008
  4. is it harder to trade against 135 than 100 IQ?

IQ must correlate positively with trading ability to some extend. But I would not be surprised if high IQ is an impediment to trading. Does anybody have personal observations to share as far as IQ and trading ability?

#24     Mar 31, 2008
  5. Which has everything to do with the lack of parenting, and nothing to do with the teachers.
    Last I checked, Libraries are still free, and open to the public.

#25     Mar 31, 2008
  6. I agree with your statement about teaching financial responsibility, but that won't happen under the current system. It's in the Fed's best interest to keep America in debt, it's called control. Why do we allow a private bank control our country? I would recommend anyone read The Creature from Jeykyl Island.

#26     Mar 31, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

There are some famous, smart guys who have blown up.

Interestingly, high intelligence isn't a necessary* quality for success in trading.

* Neither is a lobotomy, but I could see where it might help.

#27     Mar 31, 2008
  8. Really I'd imagine that the correlation between IQ and trading ability if graphed out might look like the P/L chart on a double diagonal options graph. For those that don't know what that is imagine an arch where the middle of the arch is in the profit zone and the extremes are in the loss range. Anyway the way I see it, if your IQ is too low you won't be able to grasp the concepts and the rules required to trade successfully. If your IQ is too high you might over-think the trade and miss it or get a superiority complex and blow your account thinking you are smarter than the market.

The qualities of a successful trader are not so much being smart, it's what I call the 4 D's of trading.

Decisiveness - to pull the trigger when the right conditions for entry are met without over-thinking.

Disciplined - to enter and exit according to your plan without deviation.

Detailed - Detailed understanding of your plan and how to make it work.

Determination - to keep pushing forward in the face of a loss, time constraints, or other factors that can be detrimental to your trading.

#28     Mar 31, 2008
  9. Makes sense to me Maverick, personally (not asserting that I'm a genious here) I find that quite often I overthink myself right out of a profit.

#29     Mar 31, 2008
  10. That must be why so many foreigners try to get into American Universities.

And after all, you see so many Americans trying to get into the Philippines, China and India to get jobs.

Whoops! The other way around...

#30     Mar 31, 2008