In my idea, the problem with america is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by no_alone, Mar 31, 2008.

1. I happen to agree with 1st poster. Consumerism and "economic growth" (as in more sales of UNneeded walmart garbage) is fucking up this country. Of course if it were at least paid for with cash, but no it's with debt, housing equity, tax rebates, etc.

Talk about a rotten, spoiled system.

I guess the coming inflation wave will have to make everyone feel better about their "smaller" debts.

And oh my, how sensitive we big Americans are when it comes to some foreign criticism.

#11     Mar 31, 2008

2. Yeh...we sure could learn a thing or two from china, like rolling tanks into a square to wipe out some collage kids, or sending a million soldiers to conquer and control a nation of peaceful spiritual people. Or how about promising to take care of the people and failing to follow through on there promises. Or how about learning how to kill dogs by putting lead in their food, or better yet, how to kill american infants by making their toys with lead paint. China sure is a model for the world to follow!

#12     Mar 31, 2008
  3. America is cool and all..
    but what's the necessity of calling out "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD"..
    why can't it just be the greatest for you...?

While individual Americans are surely very very very smart, the average Americans IS obscenely dumb...take a look at the education system in this country and it's stupifying downward trend..

#13     Mar 31, 2008
  4. donnap

donnap

Yes, not very good responses. Hmmm. It's pretty obvious that Americans overconsume.

I just got back from a road trip and there's still plenty of RVs towing Jeeps on the road. Still plenty of giant trucks and SUVs. Hello, are any Americans paying attention to reality?

Unfortunately, the youngsters that responded probably (that means prolly) only know overconsumption and have no idea what the OP is talking about.

#14     Mar 31, 2008
  5. Well said, good sir, well said.

#15     Mar 31, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Not true.

http://sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

And our politicos aren't especially dumb, either. They're just greedy, lying thieves.

#16     Mar 31, 2008
  7. Education is indeed a large part of the economic problem in the US. For years I have been saying that one very important class is missing from the curriculum in US schools. A class on proper use of credit. So many people graduate high school and even college, already in debt and not a clue in the world how to properly use it, manage it, and get it to work in your favor. I'd be willing to wager 90% or more people have no idea what their beacon score is or what they can do to raise it.

Giving credit to people who don't understand it is about like giving a loaded gun to a 4yr old...some of them WILL shoot themselves with it.

#17     Mar 31, 2008
  8. i'd also like to add that the problem with America is also the media - it only seems to focus on all the negativity that's out there, there is a bit of good in this country, but we rarely hear about it - how do you suppose we get inspired to work hard or learn about people that we can look up to? - it's always the constant complaining about the things that not perfect and news about things that do NOT matter that's being fed to us - there is a lot of garbage in our minds.

#18     Mar 31, 2008
  9. The reason the media is like that is because for some sick reason negative, depressing, fear mongering news gets the best ratings. Why this is, I have no idea but this is why I personally watch very little news.

#19     Mar 31, 2008
  10. I really doubt that this IQ by country is accurate. are cubans, irish and bulgarians much dumber than americans and koreans?

according to wiki: "Individuals with an unusually low IQ score, varying from about 70 ("Educable Mentally Retarded")... ". The above link essentiall claims that there are many countries where an average person is mentally retarded. This is just too much :D

#20     Mar 31, 2008