In July 2010, the Warriors were purchased for an NBA record $450 million.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dealmaker, Jan 18, 2021.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

2. tango29

tango29

Back in the early 60's my Dad had a client in Chicago who wanted to try and buy out the Bears from the Halas family. My Dad said initially he thought the guy was kidding until he came in with the finance package he was going to propose and wanted my Dad to go in on with him. Apparently it was a real plan, but my parents were always conservative with money and investments so my Dad said no way. The guy eventually dropped the idea, but crap I think the Bears as crappy as they are, have a roughly 3 billion value now. At the same time it would mean being a Bears fan, thank god that didn't work out!
    An example of Dad's conservative investing, I was in college when MSFT went public and in one of my finance classes it was a discussion, and we thought they were on the cutting edge of a new revolution in business. I tried talking my Dad into buying at least 100 shares(actually I said 1000 shares). He would have none of that new age tech stuff, way to dangerous an investment. UGGGG!

wrbtrader and Nobert like this.
  3. the fact that the knicks are still up there after the shitty product they have put out on the court for 20 years shows how messed up that is