In House Prop Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Traderstan, Apr 11, 2019.

  1. Hello,

    Does any prop firm offer trading in the office besides T3? Also is there still any prop firm that does not require Series 57 these days?
  2. Robert Morse

    Robert Morse Sponsor

    If they are a registered broker dealer, you have to take the appropriate test (7, 57 or both).
    If they do not require you to take a test but require you to deposit funds as first loss, that can be a red flag.
    There are traditional prop firms, most are in Chicago/NYC, that are not broker dealers, have trading arcades and do not require your money, as they back you. These are much harder to get approved for.
    Nobert likes this.
  3. SMB Capital has in office traders, but you have to apply and show results or promise for them to take you.