In four years, Obama will be heralded as the guy that saved the US economy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Mar 2, 2009.

1. You know its funny. I really don't blame the liberals and leftists for voting for Obama. Who else were they going to vote for. I can't get angry at a snake for being a snake. You are what you are. I marvel at so many of the moderates and so-called conservatives who voted for him just because they wanted a change. I laugh that I have been short this market since he took a lead in the polls and these dumbasses have been almost wiped out by their good buddy. You got the change you wanted, pal. Your money changed from your hands to mine.! Is this a great country or what?HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

#11     Mar 2, 2009
  2. gnome

gnome

Let's hope not. If ultimately true, that means Bush, NObama, and CONgress have sold America and our people "down the river" for their own personal greed(s).

#12     Mar 2, 2009
  3. in 4 years, people may be beginning to forget what hope for the future was like

#13     Mar 2, 2009
  4. moarla

moarla

you cant blame Bush... he is too stupid that you can blame him for this

#14     Mar 2, 2009
  5. A large % of Obama voters' retirement funds are Social Security
    and Entitlement Programs.

#15     Mar 2, 2009
  6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

most of the people at ET are short term dayt and swing traders so bull market or bear market doesn't really matter.

but bull markets are better for trading.

and no to the transaction tax. transaction tax is like bear market for traders lots of markets won't be feasible to trade.

#16     Mar 2, 2009
  7. gnome

gnome

Dr. Samuel Vaknin... author of several books and noted expert on NPD... Narcissistic Personality Disorder... Google him for more info.

He claims NObams is likely a "pathological narcissist".... Vaknin quote..

"... Narcissists project a grandiose but false image of themselves. Jim Jones, the charismatic leader of People's Temple, the man who led over 900 of his followers to cheerfully commit mass suicide and even murder their own children - was also a narcissist. David Koresh, Charles Manson, Joseph Koni, Shoko Asahara, Stalin, Saddam, Mao, Kim Jong Ill and Adolph Hitler are a few examples of narcissists of our time. All these men had a tremendous influence over their fanciers. They created a personality cult around themselves and with their blazing speeches elevated their admirers, filled their hearts with enthusiasm and instilled in their minds a new zest for life. They gave them hope! They promised them the moon, but alas, invariably they brought them to their doom...."

(I'm just the messenger)

#17     Mar 2, 2009
  8. I think there is a strong possibility people might want him to run for a 3rd term.

#18     Mar 2, 2009
  9. gnome

gnome

Change "term limits" just for him?

#19     Mar 2, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Well, if easy credit precedes a recovery. Then what precedes easy credit?

Perhaps bottomed real estate? I'm not convinced thats true.

While derivative paper built around mortgage securities is the problem, the underlying value of mortgages isn't really the issue. Its the ability of mortgage holders to pay that mortgage back.

And that's not gonna happen until banks lend again. Real estate valuations aren't going to rebound with banks hoarding cash and choking credit.

They gotta lube it first, then the economy peaks up, mortgage payments stabilize, which buoys payments on securitized debt, which buoys derivative exposure, then stock prices etc.

Regretfully, it seems the Bankers control everything, once again.

And no bank will lend "for the greater good", fearful that other banks won't follow suit. Prisoners dilemma.

So it could last until the economy and real estate find bottom without the benefit of cheap credit.

That could mean 12-18% unemployment. I suppose that would translate to another ?? Trillion in future bailouts for bankers.

12-18% unemployment means a flotilla of new home owners defaulting, foreclosing, and selling. Which translates to XX trillions in geared derivative losses accruing to bankers on non-performing mortgage backed securities.

That means we're nowhere close to bottom.

In that case, a 2013 recovery would be in the cards :D

#20     Mar 2, 2009