In fast moving market, IB is a joke

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by qdz2, Mar 7, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

Wonderful, I am glad they did. And you just amplified my pleasure. Thanks.

:p

#11     Mar 7, 2003

2. funny gdz... I got great fills from IB all day except for a slight delay on SPX calls...

but come on bro the market reversal was insane... and under such conditions I would say it all worked out as fine as you may expect. Or........... maybe it was a CONSPIRACY against only YOU...

bonne chance... brother gdz

p.s. market open Monday... let's get 'em then.

#12     Mar 7, 2003
  3. Considering the circumstances of NQ popping 17 points in one minute and dropping back in 3 minutes, my IB and RealTick quotes performed quite well.

Lost 2 nq pts on the pop (I was short with a hard stop) Considered myself blessed to get the good stop and decided to keep my little previous green from my first long. Went to sleep about an hour and a half later....lol...

Figured the market was a bit too wild for my small hand. Still had some green. Slept real good. :D Woke up at 5:30 pm, looked at charts, said, "well, still rangebound"

#13     Mar 7, 2003
  4. TGregg

TGregg

So, in spite of your huge number of complaints about IB - to the point that all I saw was the thread title and I knew you were the author - you still have faith in them?

#14     Mar 7, 2003
  5. garbo

garbo

I was watching my NQ charts on Tradestation 6.0 when that spike happened around 10:11 AM. I heard a sound indicating my stop was hit on IB, and then a few seconds later (hard to say an exact number now, but probably > 2 s) my Tradestation charts started to catch up and printed the price of my trade.

Seems like IB was a lot faster than Tradestation in this one instance. Enough to give me a real chill...

#15     Mar 7, 2003
  6. I got short BAC in the spike (by virtue of a previously entered limit order). Funny thing was, the order was re-routed from the NYSE to ISLD very quickly, where I was of course filled instantly. Didn't notice any unusual delay in IB quotes. Of course you usually don't get the price you see when you send out an order to the NYSE during those conditions, but no broker in the world will change that.

#16     Mar 7, 2003
  7. JORGE

JORGE

My IB screen was pretty much frozen compared to my other quotes, but there was no problem making trades. As long as you do not rely on IB as your only source of quotes there should not be a problem with entering trades, just realize the prices shown on TWS are meaningless in a fast market. I placed an order to sell MERQ at 31.3 while the IB quote was 31 and was filled immediately.

#17     Mar 7, 2003
  8. Catoosa

Catoosa

In the last 3 years that I have sat here watching IB quotes and RealTick quotes side by side, I must say IB quotes work great for the most part until news comes out affecting a stock I am trading and then I better be looking at the RealTick quote feed. But, even at those rare times, IB is still the broker of choice for entering the order. I need both RealTick and IB.

Catoosa

#18     Mar 7, 2003
  9. Whamo

Whamo

qdz2, you complain so much about IB that your bitching carries zero credibility. Give it a rest son.

#19     Mar 8, 2003
  10. I agree with you.

#20     Mar 8, 2003