In Desperation, Mitt heads towards the middle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ivan is no more my real name than Tsing Tao, but you can call me Ivan if you wish. I certainly do not mind. Just don't call me late for dinner.

The masses will survive the first collapse, apart from the violence that takes over major metropolitan areas and has to be quelled by the national guard. But they will be poorer still, and once the reset comes, the social programs that are in place that got us to where we are today will be pulled - as we simply won't be able to afford them. Regardless of what programs you support, and I DO support a few of them - all will be removed. All.

We will be lucky if a collapse in democracy brings only a passive dictatorial type government.

#31     Oct 2, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This depends on what policies of the Tea Party you are asking about. I support, very much, the Tea Party's position of a balanced budget amendment, fiscal discipline, term limits in congress, and the overturning of Obamacare.

#32     Oct 2, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto^2

#33     Oct 2, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Right up until you're asked to present supporting facts?

#34     Oct 2, 2012
  5. :D Not seriously you dodo:D

I meant that Ivanovich is a better fit in my limited view to your experiences.

All democracies collapses into dictatorships and vice versa. It is like a kondratiev wave in politics. That's all. So, in the aggregate you are right. America is headed towards hard fascism. ( We are in soft fascism right now)

#35     Oct 2, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So let me ask you this, then. In your opinion, WHY do all democracies collapse into dictatorships? Or more specifically, why do all democracies collapse?

#36     Oct 2, 2012
  7. People get lazy, they get decadent, they stopped being involved in the process that makes democracy work. As fewer and fewer people are involved, special interests power grows. Over time, a plutocracy develops, or the democratic empire overreaches. See Rome....our Grandmother. That is really all that needs to be studied.

#37     Oct 2, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ok, I am comfortable with this answer and inclined to agree.

So based on this, why do you support a political party that does it's best to support this enabled, lazy environment where fewer and fewer people are part of the givers and more and more are the takers?

#38     Oct 2, 2012
  9. Romney has lost the entire working class. You can't win their vote by telling them they haven't sacrificed enough. That they don't pay enough in taxes. That they are a bunch of freeloaders looking for a hand out. These people are busting their asses day in and day out just to get the bills paid. He has grouped the guy making 15 bucks an hour, working 60 hours a week, with some slug scamming the welfare system. When you generalize to that degree you're not going to make any new friends.

#39     Oct 2, 2012
  10. It is a cause celebre that FT and I defected from the conservative camp. He left due to religion. I left because the Tea Party had taken over the GOP, and they had gone too far right. Arab racism was unacceptable to me, considering the recent history of my own people.

I agree with you Ivan, but you do not realize that this GOP would call Reagan a liberal. It is about social issues with this group, and they believe in "states rights" and "natural selection" which is another way to say they believe in Apartheid, therefore, the conservatives can kiss my black ass.

#40     Oct 2, 2012