"In 5 Years, Everything Will Be Fine"... Buffett

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Especially the dollars in your trading account.

#71     Mar 9, 2009
  2. JB3

JB3

^ There is no more dollars in his trading account. So they are actually saved from being doomed.

#72     Mar 9, 2009
  3. JB3

JB3

And last I checked, the US is still not manufacturing anything. What is exactly going to lead this recovery? There is no wealth left, and there is no more easy money from credit. Our previous growth was all from credit or borrowed money from the Chinese.

Jobless recovery. LOL. What are you smoking?

#73     Mar 9, 2009
  4. Congratulations. You've learned about MPT (Modern Portfolio Theory). Good for you!

Here's something else you should read.

http://www.crestmontresearch.com/content/Matrix Options.htm

How will you feel if after that 20 years the best you can do is break even? And that's presuming that you pick the right time for your entry. Not to say that I'm not getting long here myself, but I'm hardly loading up the boat.

#74     Mar 9, 2009
  5. Thank you.

Someone gets it.

Even if GM and Ford survive, it will be based on a business model of designing and building new parts and products in China, Korea and Thailand, selling to Chinese, Koreans and Thais, and if there are any cars leftover, 'exporting' them to the U.S.

And then U.S. steel, John Deere, Caterpillar, and ultimately, Boeing, will succumb to the same global impetus.

Build your products cheaper overseas, with no unions, with low wage labor, with little to no interference (even with subsidies, maybe, for critical technology industries - ask Intel) from government, little to no environmental regulations, no safety standards, no legacy costs, and then capture market share in the fastest growing parts of the world at the same time.

Multinational corporations have no national allegiances, and with the economy set up the way it is on a global basis, why should they?

#75     Mar 9, 2009