"In 5 Years, Everything Will Be Fine"... Buffett

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Mar 9, 2009.

1. gnome

gnome

That's what almost always happens as the print-money phase accelerates (and before complete monetary and wealth collapse). I'm sure we'll have it before "the revolution".. :mad:

#31     Mar 9, 2009
  2. How many can last 5 years? It's like saying I'll give you a million bucks right after I hold your head under water for 2 minutes. A few can do that, but most will drown.

#32     Mar 9, 2009
  3. wavel

wavel

If the government can keep enough of the "middle class" happy there will be military rule long before a revolution in order to "control" the "lower" classes. The greed and self-serving nature of the middle class will temporarily prevail over the anger and suffering of the "lower class" majority.

A conversational extract from the average ignorant middle class couple in the year 2011 (to the sound of machine gun fire about 10 miles away).

"Hey honey, I don't mind having the chipped wrist because my boss told me I'm due an extra 2000 bucks pay rise this year"

"Ok honey thats great, are we having pizza or fried chicken tonight"?

#33     Mar 9, 2009

4. I'm sorry, but this is the most pathetic prediction I have ever seen. Under 3000 in the Dow in 5 years.. honestly, I almost fell off my chair laughing there!!!!

#34     Mar 9, 2009
  5. In 5 years, everything will be fine...
    yup...
    one of the top 3 lies on this green earth...

the others are
    1) The check is in the mail
    2) I won't come inside you

#35     Mar 9, 2009
  6. gnome

gnome

Well then, "LOL your ASS off" further... that's my "sugar coated" consideration.. :)

Friendly suggestion... more analysis and logic.. less hope and faith...

#36     Mar 9, 2009
  7. I loaded up in my IRA today on SPY's.. I'm not looking 5 years out, I'm looking 30 years out but I'm more confident than I can explain in a simple post how confident I am we won't be a 3 fekin 000 in the Dow in 5 years

#37     Mar 9, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

Maybe too bad you didn't save some firepower to double down a couple of times. :D

For a bear market bounce you might make a few coins, but in the "big picture", you're waaayyyy off.

#38     Mar 9, 2009

9. No, you're WAY off, go trade, don't see how you make a living with close to 10,000 posts.. WOW

#39     Mar 9, 2009
  10. gnome

gnome

I've got $Millions! You even GOT a pot to piss in?

You are an prime example of what I dislike about ET... Waayyy too many non-thinking pissants who run their mouth at the drop of a hat...

#40     Mar 9, 2009