imus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hellrider, Apr 8, 2007.

1. When I was growing up, I was taught, "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you".

But that's OLD SCHOOL now.

People are just too dang sensitive!

I didn't know anything about the IMUS story until Monday as I was driving to the Dbacks game.

The next day I watched IMUS on YouTube to see it for myself.

Then I went to the Rutgers website to get a better look at the players.

I suggest you go see for yourself:

http://www.scarletknights.com/basketball-women/

Click on the photo galleries on the right hand side.

Or click on the roster on the left hand side and look at each player's pic.

YOU DECIDE!!

#31     Apr 12, 2007
  2. This is a very sad day for black America...1st, i want to preface this by saying i never liked Imus ( i'm a Stern guy)...But if this is the biggest problem facing American Blacks....then people have their priorities wrong...Now i hear the Rutgers women hoops team is going to be on Oprah today....WTF??? crocodile tears and ass kissing for what? Why not celebrate the tenn. team THAT WON THE TITLE!!??? I'd be so insulted if i was them...This does NOTHING for black America...Sad....Blacks are shooting each other up by the Citrus Bowl in Orlando like there's no tomorrow and 2/3rds of all black children since 1990 have been born in a single family home without a dad,,,,,,But Nappy Headed Ho's is the most pressing issue???? Im puzzled...and if these Hoops players can;t take Imus making a joke like this without CRYING...Well good luck in the real world when your boos tells you your work sucks or your landlord tells you your being evicted.

#32     Apr 12, 2007
  3. #33     Apr 14, 2007
  4. Are you racist or a bully? Would you say these same things to a black mans face in a poor all black neighborhood with no one to protect you?
    I really don't like jokes that make fun of the way people look, it pisses me off. I'm talking about race jokes, fat jokes, short jokes. It is people being bullies without the balls to actually pick on someone face to face. At least thats one good thing most bullies are cowards. And yes I would (and have) tell that to a bully's face even if my safety was in danger.

#34     Apr 14, 2007
  5. Couldn't of said it better. Now they are aiming at rap stars and their lyrics.. It's fucking bullshit first of all!. Because if this whole censoring thing goes through, who's going to be the one saying "you cant say this", "you cant sing about that"... These cd's are already rated..dont like it?..FINE!, dont listen to it.

I guess we need to take violence out of TV/movies... no more guns, no more cursing, no more sex scenes. WTF! happened to freedom of expression?................

So much for America, the land of the FREE. No one is going to censor me, i tell ya that right now.

#35     Apr 14, 2007
  6. I try to think about how my friends would be hurt if they heard me say some things. Nobody's perfect, but it helps to think in those terms. You may also think of Shaq O'Neill standing in front of you.

Richard Pryor had a wonderful bit where he talked about getting into an argument with a white man, and when he was winning, or about to make a point, his counterpoint would stutter and then say, "niggar". Think about bearing that cross.

The Creature, a Being, or Science, has a magnificant sense of humor.:eek:

#36     Apr 14, 2007
  7. I meant to say "Creator".

#37     Apr 14, 2007
  8. Complete and total horseshit that is obviously thrown out from an uneducated individual.

Definitions of Racism, none of which have anything to do with domination.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

#38     Apr 14, 2007
  9. Again, congrats on getting away with your racist quotes. Tell Sharpton and Tawana Brawley I said Hi. Tell that slut that falsely accused the lacrosse players "Hi" as well.

#39     Apr 14, 2007
  10. cknucks

cknucks

The fight isn't about Imus or about the rappers personally. I LOVE hip hop and have always been a fan. Yet I embrace taking the fight to the headquarter buildings in NYC of the Infinity's and Clear Channels of the world. There's no reason why they play the filth on the radio at all times of day when kids are listening, or could be listening. I listen to Snoop and 50 Cent, but I'm a grown man and I don't play their music around children.

It's simply not enough to have songs played where they bleep out one word here and there, making it easy for kids to ascertain the adult themed message.

Imus and the rappers should continue to say what they want, but that doesn't mean that it should be played on public airwaves.

I also way that it would be hypocritical for "us" to go after an Imus and then not go after the media companies that give nonsense that's a lot more negatively affective than Imus' comments the time of day.

#40     Apr 14, 2007