Improving Trading Skills

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by arzoo, Jul 17, 2005.

1. #51     Jul 19, 2005
  2. Nice...

#52     Jul 19, 2005
  3. ilcaa

ilcaa

the jig is up......time for a new screen name Jack/Grub, LOL!!

#53     Jul 19, 2005

4. My performance level list is not a training list. The purpose of the list was just to articulate the scope and bounds of 8 levels of expertise that happened to be characteried by the doubling of money velocity in performance going from one plateau to another.

An example of what I am talking about can be found in the year long lecture series at UM (Michigan) I gave to the Department of Psychiatry faculty and grad students (and after the first lecture the Department of Education) on my theory of learning. It grew out of years of presentations at ISAGA notably at Johns Hopkins and the MIT of Germany in Berlin (See Margrit Kennedy and Declan Kennedy, EKISTICS).

On the other hand, for this thread, where people are rightfully stalled, stymied and sceptical of any possible skills development, there is only going to be baiting and other crap. As you see my posts are bing edited by a higher power so there is not going to be any straight talk here it turns out. When someone is in a trap and he does not know it, it is difficult to get to a place where behavioral change can take place. The editors here play fast and loose with with what can be very important and life changing to a person.

There is a possibility that a person can have beliefs about things and that the person can begin to behave in relationship to those beliefs. For making money, there are some crucial considerations. Aside from the beliefs, there is the consideration of how to go about becoming a person that is at the top of the heap. You have discovered from your vantagepoint that paths are involved and you live in the "list" and "facts" world and you "instruct" and support others to make money to the extent that you do. A trapped place.

Learning true beliefs than can be put into action is a process. The 8 doublings is the result.

Skill development is a process.

I modify the word "process" to further define things. I use "iterative".

Were a person to decide to achieve a high level of performance in making money, he would have to recognize how he "works" and then use how he "works" to make the internal improvements necessary to BE an excellent high level trader/investor.

I cannot state what the situation is because it will be edited out once again. Regardless, the list is just a set of markers for how a person has skills, knowledge and the meaning and value of experiences. Obviously, the value of any such list is making it up.

Look at some of the organizations that have been around for 3000 years or so. There is a clear understanding among the participants about one thing: the sequence of steps involved are always repeated in the same sequence.

What this tells any observer is that the method of teaching does not involve reading or a syllabus. It involves going through the process of doing the sequence.

You can use any organization in the range of possibilities. For attaining expertise, it comes down to either being self taught (your "claim") or being mentored. There are no other ways. Mentoring is not teaching nor training. Mentoring is guidance and support for self learning of bahaviors based upon beliefs where the quality of the beliefs must be at least excellent.

What replaces reading texts or a syllabus? It is the sequence of the self learning process. This sequence is dictated internally in this case simply because it is just a pragmatic process for making money.

People screw it up. They do not proceed rationally and therefore self limit where they get to. Trap is the name of each of these stopping off points.

You have figured out clearly in your posts that you are trapped. you ask Q's that are posed during the process of self learning and/or mentoring. Obviously all the answers are knowable by any person who asks them.

Questions, simply stated, are formulated by anyone who is capable of determining the answer. Baiting and crap are the trivial situation of the general class of trapped persons.

The sequence of getting to excellence is a defined one and it is defined by internal questions. Progress and growth ocur at the pace at which the person chooses to pose and answer questions.

To be trapped in a place where a person is not willng to risk asking is the place where answers are no longer available. reading is a side bar where an exercise called "pondering' is played out. Information found is reading is simply put in parallel with existing beliefs. The manner of application is called reinforcement. What does it take to question the truth of what is being reinforced?

When a person gets to baiting and expresses contempt for another comments as "claims", then a tough situation has been defined.

You asked me to comment to you so everone could see something or other. Since I am now being editied, there is a pragmatic limit that has been set by someone who needs to exercise power for some reason of his choosing. It is unfair to you it turns out.

You will be getting the list.

#54     Jul 19, 2005
  5. Moderator, are you in fact editing Jack? If so, and if his posts are not obscene, I encourage you to let them stand on their own merits. If they are merely offensive, at least let us enjoy them for a while before you edit them! If they are merely stupid, then shame on you for denying us good clean fun! Thanks. Mike.

#55     Jul 19, 2005
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Oh, uh huh. Jack, where do you think AMZN might find support this afternoon? I'm thinking maybe 37.67. What do you say?

#56     Jul 19, 2005
  7. I am also very interesting in reading this list. Grob would you be so kind to forward me one too. Thanks

#57     Jul 19, 2005
  8. Grob is a charlatan as far as having any value in trading education and learning... period! If he wrote a book few would buy it.

... many have (or should have) reached that conclusion many months ago... but this guy continues to egg others on with his b.s. writing that few if any really appreciate and understand... and YET somehow this guy manages to guilt or "shame" or challenge some into questioning if it is THEIR inadequacy that prevents them from deciphering his code-speak, rather than the lack of substance contained therein!

I have known some extremely brilliant people, and not one do I recall having such a convoluted style of expressing themselves no matter how complex or esoteric the topic!

No offense... this guy is a joke, and it's on him!

Ice
    :cool:

#58     Jul 19, 2005
  9. Ice. Jack has the virtue that he makes you think. Now you may or may not arrive at the same conclusions he does, but you think. But then again, Yogi Berra also makes me think. Mike.

#59     Jul 19, 2005
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

or if we try harder, we could get....

i will understand everything jack posts

do i need to see jacks execution reports?

i will be more determined to find what i am looking for.

you see, it is possible when we put our minds in forward gear.

im not a jack groupie or anything, but some of what he says does make sense to me.

f71 also posts some useful stuff that has provided some focus.

f71 - maybe this was posted earlier, i dont know /havent read last few pages, but grob does sometimes refer to this book which may be of interest (?).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/002-8988451-7381652?v=glance&s=books

can lifes issues be answered in a book?

#60     Jul 19, 2005