Improving my Bookmap based strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by cornerstone, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Hey guys
    I use Bookmap heat map as the main tool for my daytrading, I basically make the entries decision base on the levels of liquidity of the buyers/sellers, the CVD (cumulative volume delta) and the areas of exhaustion, I also use support and resistance lines and FA.
    here is an example for a trade on CEI today. enter in 2.53.
    I know there is what to improve in this strategy so I'll be more consecutive in my winnings trades.
    I'll be glad and will appreciate if someone can tip me what I can add to the process.

2. How many trades do you have under this strategy? Do you take screenshots of your trades, or track any metrics other than entry/exit?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm using machine learning now to help improve my signal quality and it works really well, but I have to track a bunch of data. For now, what I do is approximate my trading strategy in code, "execute" it in "backtests" and then use machine learning to improve the signal. You might be able to do the same but keeping tick-by-tick book data will be expensive af.

rohan2008 likes this.
  3. I heard recently that good traders should keep logs of data of their trades and analyze it, I keep a log but don't analyze or searching for patterns, I use the Bookmap team strategies.
    you right, its a lot of effort.