Improved Financing with Single Stock Futures

Discussion in 'Events' started by OneChicago, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

btw, whats the criteria for SSF listing of a stock or etf?I would like to see some commodity etfs get ssfs so I could lever up returns but I'm afraid that will only happen when shoeshine boys are giving tips and the market tops...

#41     Mar 24, 2008
  2. We do have listing standards such as must be listed on a national exchange; minimum float; minimum number of shareholders etc.

Interesting thing about the commodity ETFs. There was/is a juristictional dispute between SEC and CFTC over the definition of a 'security'. This logjam seems to have been resolved. The chairmen of the two agencies have announced a MOU which would allow for the trading of the Gold ETF... GLD.

It was published for comment in the Federal Register last week. There is a period of time to allow for comment. Once comments are digested the process will proceed to eventually allow us to trade the product.

We do not know the time. We are hopeful that the process comes out favorably as we too think that trading SSF on all ETFs would be beneficial.

Best

#42     Mar 24, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

how would a sec and cftc merger affect SSFs and how likely you think that will happen?

#43     Apr 1, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Good to know, thanks. Please update us if and when they are available to trade.

#44     Apr 1, 2008
  5. ron2368

ron2368

IB applies PDT rules to SSF.

#45     Apr 1, 2008
  6. -how would a sec and cftc merger affect SSFs and how likely you think that will happen?

SSFs are already regulated by both the SEC and the CFTC. I cannot predict future events but I assume that there would be no changes to the current regulatory stance.

As to the chances? I cannot predict.

-Good to know, thanks. Please update us if and when they are available to trade.

You all will be updated as information becomes available.

-IB applies PDT rules to SSF.

I will take your word for it. One question: Even in a futures only account?

Best

#46     Apr 1, 2008
  7. Thanks, OneChicago, for your answers. :)

#47     May 5, 2008
  8. Daal

Daal

david,
    any update on SSFs for some ETFs?

#48     May 5, 2008
  9. Is there any broker who does not apply PDT rule to single stock futures ?

#49     May 5, 2008
  10. We now list 19 ETF futures. Diamonds have a 100 multiplier while all the rest have a 1000 multiplier. The complete list can be found on our website at the following link:

http://www.onechicago.com/?page_id=754

A couple of updates to be noted. Our home page www.onechicago.com displays a list of SSF that are trading under the cash price. My prior post explained the reason for this being the opaque pressures from the Stock Loan world which is a key part of short selling. In any event the page now updates throughout the day as the rates change intraday.

We have enhanced our daily volume stats page which now includes a .csv file that list high, low close and volume information which many people have found to be useful.

SSF are catching on (finally) as we have seen a marked increase in the number of customers trading and the associated volume. On Friday of last week we had over 120,000 SSF trade and today we are over 46000 already.

I will keep you posted on further updates.

Best.

#50     May 5, 2008