Impressive trick

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by andread, Sep 23, 2015.

1. andread

andread

guy says the video is not edited. As of now no clue how he did it

2. Watch Michael Carbonaro of the "THE CARBONARO EFFECT"
    He performs this style of magic on his show.

One thing I do not see is a show cast from the glass, but I do see a shadow cast from the bottle being poured.

3. andread

andread

Never heard. But I saw some of those tricks are revealed. I'll take a look

Yes, noticed that. Which makes me think that the glass is not really a glass; basically that pseudo glass has been there all along. Which would mean that the surface is actually vertical. Which is strange. But the guy seems to put a finger on the top of the glass at the end like he wants to close it.
    I also wonder what those 2 lines across the black edge are

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it is a trick. When he pulls the bottle away and taps twice, the screen is perfectly still. He splices a different video (one without a real glass and the cardboard one instead). Since the screen is perfectly still it's hard to see the split. But you can see the ice floats up and then gets stuck in an unnatural manner.

5. andread

andread

he said more times it's not edited. It does look like editing is the only solution.

6. Watch the tiny shadow at right base of the cup (at the tile line) as the bottle leaves frame.
    When his hand comes back to grab "the glass" half the shadow disappears.
    Watch closely.

Creative editing substituting the glass for cardboard.
    Fail.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It has to be editing. WTF else could it be? Magic?

8. andread

andread

I personally don't have solutions besides editing. But if you look at the comments you will see that many people say the same, and more than once the answer is no, it's not editing.
    Now this guy said he will give the solution; if it's editing it's really sad.

9. JTrades

JTrades

Remember this one?

10. andread

andread

Yeah, but for what I know that was an actual edit.

The video has been removed due to a copyright violation. So this was the solution at the end :rolleyes:

#10     Sep 25, 2015