impossible to make monthly income..with options spreads without BIG money!

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Sep 17, 2009.

1. coffee898

coffee898

This is a reply to the person who asked why I do not play the es or cl. One reason is frankly I’m very familiar with the SPY. The SPY gives more percentage return for the same risk and with the spy the bid/ask is a bit tighter. I do believe the es would be wise for very large accounts though – unless using a flat rate broker.
    Dave

#21     Sep 18, 2009
  2. Ok I can buy that... (or should I say sell that ;) )

Seriously respect on your record! Good for you!

#22     Sep 19, 2009
  3. BTW want to manage some money as fund manager? Smaller size < 10 mill

Send me email at my username with gmail.com. I think I can put you in touch with somebody who might be of interest to you.

#23     Sep 19, 2009
  4. One of my (former) colleagues made out like a bandit doing this throughout 2005, 2006 and the first half of 2007.

Needless to say, fall of 2007 was not a particularly happy time for him. Luckily for everyone concerned he was on gardening leave for all of 2008 and first half of 2009.

#24     Sep 19, 2009
  5. what is the lowest amount of margin needed to make "worth it" mony trading options spreads?...I.E...not having to put up $20k in margin to make $250...answers?

#25     Jan 29, 2010
  6. What happened to your new journal that you started yesterday? I guess the mod didn't wait around and deleted it? Are you going to be trading real money this year? Very serious!!!

#26     Jan 29, 2010
  7. they took it away...any thoughts on my question?

#27     Jan 29, 2010
  8. But they left your 17 other unfinished paper trading journals in the archives, right?

#28     Jan 29, 2010
  9. stocks

stocks

Hi, have you thought about trading penny stocks? maybe try a options advisory service?

With penny stocks you only need to put in £200 and that can turn into big money..

#29     Jan 29, 2010
  10. I don't because I don't trade options spreads. Any thoughts on my question? You've gone around asking about crude, ags, ES/YM/DAX, now you are onto options.

You have spent the better part of three years asking all sorts of questions here about different markets but when do you plan on trading for real?

I respect that you want to learn before you jump into a market but at some point just pick one product and trade small money to start out. There is little to gain by asking others opinions until you have some actual experience trading what you are asking about. At least then you will have some framework for asking more useful questions.

#30     Jan 29, 2010