Impossible to be profitable?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Millano, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Mishima

Mishima

If you've checked the context, commas and quotations, you'd notice. I WASN'T the one who posted that statement. It came from another trader on the earlier thread,

please.

Read the VERY first sentence that ends in comma and redirects you to read the quoted;

#11     Jun 19, 2006

2. Sorry, I didn't notice that. Sometimes I quote my own (old) writing. Haven't you done once?

#12     Jun 19, 2006
  3. It's impossible to make money in the Foreign Exchange without taking on substantial risk.

So, the equation = making money consistently while eviscerating dangerous risk that causes losses.

Do that, and you do the impossible.

Is that possible?

Yes.

It's just a fluctuation,

DrawDown

#13     Jun 19, 2006
  4. welcome back sir ;-)

#14     Jun 19, 2006
  5. Is the market moving sideways a little bit too much lately or something? :D

DD

#15     Jun 19, 2006
  6. ??????

So Fader is a broker????

LOL...

#16     Jun 19, 2006
  7. Interesting thread as its aimed at forex as opposed to futures. I suppose theoretically you could say that MM's eat up all the profit in FX spot. (not true though).

In futures, its zero sum, electronic matching, and there are plenty of people making money. Of course most lose before they have the skills, which is why those that win get paid so well.

The money does not evaporate, and commish is so low nowadays that it does not explain where the money goes either. I would imagine anyone who makes money via Globex, could do so via cash as well. Just a few more frustrations (such as not getting filled).

jay

#17     Jun 20, 2006
  8. easier on cash actually cause liquidity & fills are of better quality if you know how to choose your brokers & ECNs... but yeah, CME eFX is fairer, and safer by definition...

#18     Jun 20, 2006