Impossible Foods pre-IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by guru, Jul 30, 2020.

1. guru

guru

2. Nobert

Nobert

Impossible Foods with impossible ipo in march. The timing is good. Maybe waiting till next spring, would have been even better.
    (or not, since there market share, would have been stolen by those already on the move)

,, Our mission is to restore biodiversity and reduce the impact of climate change by transforming the global food system. To do this, we make delicious, nutritious, affordable and sustainable meat, fish and dairy from plants. ''

How is that any different, from them being the secondary/third after the BYND, which is TSLA in that sector.
    Could there be a bubble brewing in this niche, of plant based foods ? Folks gonna compete, with identical product in a limited market and we sorta know the fate of those :

According to one market analysis, 19,285 industrial 3D printers and 591,079 consumer 3D printers were sold in 2018 (see Figure 3 and Figure 4). 36 Further, that analysis estimates that a total of more than 140,000 industrial 3D printers and 2 million consumer 3D printers have been sold worldwide.Aug 2, 2019

Over 36 Million Crypto Wallets Created so Far

The number of blockchain wallet users worldwide has jumped from less than 6.7 million in Q1 2016 to over 34.6 million in Q1 2019.May 1, 2019

More than half of American adults have tried marijuana at least once in their lives, according to the survey. Nearly 55 million of them, or 22 percent, currently use it - the survey defines "current use" as having used marijuana at least once or twice in the past year. Close to 35 million are what the survey calls "regular users," or people who use marijuana at least once or twice a month.

Only half of one percent of the USA population — or 1.62 million of us — is vegan.

Any thoughts/ideas on the long term of this sector ?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. guru

guru

No idea, but it’s not an airline industry. People eat food and some prefer no-meat. And generally many people try to get on pre-IPO regardless of what it is.

Though when I invested in Dropbox, about a year prior to their IPO, I’ve made only around 15% return after the IPO, which seemed almost random because the stock was moving that much and I could’ve just as well scalp it for around the same price I paid.
    Basically first they gave me some stake without being able to determine how it will translate to shares and their value, later they gave me the actual shares and it turned out to be profitable, but there were no guarantees that it will be. So it can be risky but it may work better than angel investing in companies that may never have an exit.

Nobert likes this.