Impose 1 new rule or policy.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Jun 20, 2011.

1. piezoe

piezoe

You made me smile. And on top of that this is one of the most sane posts ever on ET.

#11     Jun 20, 2011
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Straight through on red lights after stopping. You look, no cars for miles, you proceed. When this is possible, the red light turns to steady red, and you stop. It then starts flashing after about 10 seconds. If you can see in all directions and there are no cars that have the right-of-way over you, you proceed. When you can't see around the corner, the light stays red and does not flash. You sit there until it turns green. This simple measure will boost productivity, save a million barrels of oil a year, and recognize, after a hundred years of improper stop light use, that the proper use of stop lights is to determine right-of-way; not to make you idle your engine for two minutes, wasting gas and time. :D

#12     Jun 20, 2011
  3. piezoe

piezoe

For every new Federal law passed, one of equal number of words or greater must be repealed. :D

#13     Jun 20, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Nice! But a national sales tax exempting food, pharmaceuticals and medical care, and the first x dollars of rent and utilities might catch a greater fraction of the cash transaction only folks, because they still have to buy stuff.

#14     Jun 20, 2011
  5. Abolish seizure (taxation) of private property (capital). I guess that would get rid of all taxes. Awww.

#15     Jun 20, 2011
  6. Texas

Texas

+1

+10000

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000

Back by gold and silver at least 25% and this can not be negotiable

the only way to have a stable currency and monetary system

the only way to prevent government and banks from destroying the country

#16     Jun 20, 2011
  7. toc

toc

Cut defense spending by half and rest of the government spending by 25%.

:D

#17     Jun 20, 2011
  8. bone

bone

I am flexible, but I think that a national sales tax overtaxes the middle class and lets the top earners off too light. As you are aware, it doesn't matter if you take the Democrat or the Republican tax rates, either way the deductions and accounting gamesmanship makes it a moot point in terms of tax treatment. In my mind, the Democrats have no high ground on this issue.

#18     Jun 20, 2011
  9. Make Polygamy legal.

#19     Jun 20, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Shit, who can afford one wife, much less several ? Swingers do have a point.

#20     Jun 20, 2011