Importing quote data into Excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Maverick74, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Is there anyone who has used both of these that can comment on the difference between the two products as far as cost and reliability. Keep in mind I do not need charting, news or any of the other functions these products offer, I just need to be able to import data onto an excel spreadsheet real time. Thanks.

#11     Jun 29, 2003
  2. Maverick74, yes, you would be able to use IQFeed alone, direct to Excel if you wanted to.

#12     Jun 29, 2003
  3. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Obviously I am a little biased , but if you want futures and equities for the lowest cost streamed into Excel, buy an annual subscription to DTN.IQ instead of IQFeed (gives you a half price subscription and includes RT data on equities, options, domestic and International futures for $44.50 per month plus exchange fees). The installation includes a sample DDE spreadsheet and the IQLink app which will send the data to Excel.

Information about the formulas to enter in your cells is available at http://www.dtniq.com/product/help/v2.4/dde/index.cfm.

Pretty easy and I don't think you will find the data any cheaper. Especially from a Tier 1 provider (direct from the exchanges).

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access

#13     Jun 30, 2003