Importing quote data into Excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Maverick74, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Does anyone know a software program that will import stock and futures quotes on to an excel platform? Thanks.

2. ktm

ktm

QCharts allows this (I think thru QFeed?). I have never done it - I use another fairly manual method that works very well for my needs. I have read that you can set up streaming quotes to be dumped into an Excel sheet live as they print. I'm sure others can provide better info.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Thanks for the replies. I need to be able to import these prices live at the same time. I will check out those links. Is this a fairly simple process to setup? I don't have any experience with API.

4. For continuously updated stuff, you would probably be better off with IQFeed since they provide the datafeed and have the DDE Link. should be easy to setup. After signing up, you can just ask their support for instructions on getting the DDE Link to Excel. QuoteIn I think supports access to QuoteTracker, though it is not listed on the site right now. In which case you would be able to use any datafeed that QT supports for futures (IB for example) and it would be easier to setup for a beginner than our API

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Does e-signal allow you to import both stock and futures quotes on to excel live?

6. I think I saw something about them supporting DDE in the beta version of their product.

7. Eldredge

Eldredge

I use a DDE link from eSignal to run a worksheet for equities, I suppose it would work for futures too, but I don't subscribe to their futures feed.

I also use Interactive Brokers' feed will to run an excel worksheet.

8. Yes it does. Simply use the futures symbol , for example ES #F instead of the stock symbol.

Using the #F instead of a specific contract makes it easy at rollover time; you won't have to update a bunch of cell refs the morning of the change.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

So are you saying that with IQFeed I can use that alone to import the stock and futures data on to excel? I would not need the quotetracker software?

#10     Jun 29, 2003