Importing data from cqg into excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by apalmer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. apalmer

apalmer

Hello I am trying to import live data from cqg into excel. I am able to import the last quote of day, the current bid/ask, and yesterdays settlement. I write the following codes for each into excel.

=CQGPC|SX06!ASK
    =CQGPC|SX06!BID
    =CQGPC|SX06!lLastQuoteToday

My question is, Does anyone know a library where these codes exist? I was given these by someone but was wondering what other codes exist. For example, I would like to be able to enter a specific date of a settlement in the past. Maybe it would look like this, =CQGPC|SX10/2/2005!Settlement

2. H2O

H2O

3. apalmer

apalmer

Okay thank you, I actually came across this myself shortly after posting and found the excel examples under program files, cqg, cqgnet, samples, excel. I got all the codes but am still having trouble getting data from a specific day in the past. There is a program titled "Getbars", in that folder, which you press Ctrl G, a window pops up, you enter the symbol for data you want, and the most recent periods you specify come up.

I still would like to enter a code which will give me the settlement of a specific day on my own through writing a code, maybe it would look something like this,

=CQGPC|DJI!'10/23/2006_SETTLMENT'

Where it would give me just the settlment of the Dow Jones on Oct 23, 2006. I would appreciate any help.