Important Period Now.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 10, 2007.

1. hels02

hels02

And what makes you think I didn't:p?

I don't own any of the stocks you track, nor do I play Indexes. My feelings only apply to my stocks, which do not always trend with the market. So it may not apply to you anyway:).

#11     Apr 10, 2007
  2. The only thing I am worried about is whether the U.S. will falter too deeply, dragging down foreign markets.

I know the U.S. is faltering. A certain degree of weakening can be tolerated.

I'm growing concerned that if the dollar weakens too much, housing gets a lot worse, and inflation keeps rising (crushing consumers), at some point, even global markets will suffer.

#12     Apr 10, 2007
  3. I am a little worried about the opposite which is the foreign market weakness.

#13     Apr 10, 2007
  4. Well folks we got EXACTLY the market we were hoping for yesterday we edged out a gain... now we needed the earnings from alcoa to beat... AND WE GOT THAT! Oh my God two of stoney's 3 NEEDED FACTORS are in place for the GREAT LIFTOFF OF 2007!!!! :: Now we need good Fed speak!
    > Phil Roth is a good guy I served jury duty with him on a case-- talk about a guy who tried to get to the other end of the table during breaks! I was talking his ear off-- throwing out stocks but he is on record today.
    "We should expect the S&P 500 to make a new high," says Philip Roth, chief technical analyst at Miller Tabak, who says it is "normal procedure" after a pullback as occurred late February/early March for some indices to make new highs.

And indeed when we look back on it -- this period if indecision is just a one month- a pause or consolidation before the NEXT LEG UP! ~ stoney

#14     Apr 11, 2007
  5. Implied volatility is HIGH. The other side of the bridge looks like this> on Wednesday at 2:00 PM EDT the the FOMC minutes are released. Based on recent activity surrounding all things FOMC related, I expect the Dow will jump between 50 to 100 points between 2:00 and 2:01:30 PM on Wednesday. Direction is unknown as in theory it will be an emotional reaction to the news. However, based on the internal condition along with some other factors, from a technical perspective, the reaction should be to the downside regardless of the message.....

Which Side Of The Bridge Are YOU on?

#15     Apr 11, 2007
  6. The greatest minds of ET are on this thread.

#16     Apr 11, 2007
  7. excellent call stoney.....opening ndx short before the release :D

#17     Apr 11, 2007
  8. Dow up 100 points? I wish

#18     Apr 11, 2007
  9. Not Just 100 points. 100 points in 2 minutes.

Think that can happen?

Well I've had a little inside peek at what the computers are ready to do... we could easily lose that much as well... so a NDX short may not be the worse thing.. you have to decide RIGHT NOW are you a Bear or a Bull?

#19     Apr 11, 2007
  10. Yesterdays NY post. "The Curse of Second Avenue".

Thurs the gov will break ground on the second ave subway. Previous "good news" resulted in a "Wall Street" downturn.

#20     Apr 11, 2007