important! must read SLOW QUOTES

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jaytrader100, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Kap

Kap

that's funny !!! :D

#11     Apr 1, 2008
  2. All retail data feeds sometimes lag the markets, bar none.

Retail brokerages also have data feed disconnects as well.

In regards to the data feed issue the answer is to have a back-up system running at all times. While this does not insure that nothing will go wrong, it certainly helps you to keep a steady head when things do.

Good trading.

#12     Apr 1, 2008
  3. Aside from esignal who has the best charts?

#13     Apr 1, 2008
  4. Just in case somebody didn't hear you, I think your post bears repeating.

#14     Apr 1, 2008
  5. LOL amusing thread as are all of them form Jay

#15     Apr 1, 2008
  6. Quote Tracker

#16     Apr 1, 2008
  7. If you're trading on a platform that gets slow quotes, that's great, because I will take your liquidity and make you miss your out and then panic in the market, where I will cover my position. Apparently, however, this strategy of mine (anticipating short term orderflow based on repetitive patterns) is flawed because there are people who automate their scalping and these bots can magically look into my mind and see the market the way I see it, thus beating me to all my fills. Yeah, okay buddy. Continue trading with your slow quotes and antiquated execution system... we scalpers need to make a living somehow, after all.

#17     Apr 1, 2008
  8. Ha! Nobody is ever going to accuse you of having been a SOES Bandit.

#18     Apr 1, 2008
  9. So I downloaded and subscribed to quote tracker..

where in the hell are the charts? How do I pull up es m8?
    hmmm

#19     Apr 1, 2008

10. you have to select a datasource like Iqfeed, and pay for the streaming data. Quote tracker support a lot of data vendor, you can check their website.

#20     Apr 12, 2008