Important: How to make an American Job

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1prometheus, Jul 2, 2010.

1. You're very welcome. I appreciate it. I believe if you read my contributions across a wide cross-section of threads, you'll generally find they're worthy and useful. I aim to please.

#11     Jul 2, 2010
  2. Even with 0% tax in the US, you still cannot compete against 14 year old kids earning 15 cents an hour in china.

Also China pirates all software, so they have not software costs overhead like in the US.

#12     Jul 2, 2010
  3. I would love to hear from anyone who has a more detailed opinion on this issue, from any economic/political/strategic angle.

#13     Jul 2, 2010
  4. ... from the erudite macroeconomists and econometricians who frequent E'trader?

#14     Jul 2, 2010
  5. Get lost. It only takes one idiot to undo someone else's good intentions. Sorry if everyone does not bow to your requirements...

#15     Jul 2, 2010
  6. Not sure who the "one idiot" is - ? Are you putting yourself forward as a candidate?

#16     Jul 2, 2010
  7. All viewpoints are welcome, wise-man, idiot and all in between.

Mr. King, What is your perspective?

#17     Jul 2, 2010
  8. That the punchline of the article is: Mr. Grove is looking for a Washington handout for Silicon Valley. But -- he takes a long time getting around to saying that, which is a bit unsportsmanlike. Someone reading the first several paragraphs wouldn't know what his real agenda was. BTW -- look up the Intel PAC and take a look at some of its campaign cash recipients... eye-opening.

#18     Jul 2, 2010
  9. Interesting enough, this kind of thinking is starting to spread to higher levels (as issue to debate).

This month discussion theme at HBS (in professor Jim Heskett corner) is about "Is Profit as a "Direct Goal" Overrated?"

http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/6454.html?wknews=070610

Interesting signal of changing mood?

#19     Jul 6, 2010
  10. Ya think any C level executives are going to attend a discussion "Is Profit as a "Direct Goal" Overrated?":cool:

#20     Jul 6, 2010