important HEDGE FUND question

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tradertime89, Jul 1, 2007.

1. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

Do you have capital already raised to start a hedge fund?

If you want to start a fund and don't have capital this is what you can do.

Create an LLC open an account in that LLC 's name. Trade and develop a track record. That is your hedge fund. Don't try to run before you can walk.

Next get the LLC's track record audited may cost some loot. Then begin to raise and have the formation process begins.

Good Luck

#11     Jul 2, 2007
  2. (As discussed before).

Alternative to borrowing/gathering a couple of $million to start a "hedge fund" - and having to give away 80% of your profits, think about getting that license, put up $20K of your own money, and use a $million or 2 of our money to trade with, keep 100% of your profits.

Just a thought...

Don

#12     Jul 2, 2007
  3. Don, I've seen that same EXACT post about 50 times already, and I'm relatively new to ET. Your agenda is beyond obvious at this point. We get it.

Prop trading has never appealed to me actually...
    Yeah...you get a larger percentage of the profits, but the first money that's lost is the YOUR money, not that of the firm. Also there's not enough potential to grow within the prop industry. You can only manage so much.

But again, thank you all for the responses.

#13     Jul 2, 2007
  4. l

#14     Jul 2, 2007

5. Thanks for your concern Stealth Traitor...but I've already got a wonderful man in my life.

#15     Jul 2, 2007