Important Decisions

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by RunTrade, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Sponger

Sponger

Good advice.......some of us on this site speak from real world experience. Go for it, you will never be as free as you are now.

If you don't go the individual trader route, combine a job and trading - get an entry level job on a trading desk at a money management firm, brokerage house, hedge fund etc - earn while you learn, and trade for your own account (within legal confines of working in the industry). Just make sure you go for a FRONT office job - not middle, not back, FRONT.

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. You are not fully aware of the risks, so I will now take it upon myself to advise you of them:

The old saying that goes something like this "Hey your young, you can afford to take the risks" is simply and completely false. Losing a ton of cash at any age will definately set you back and your time to build a life is limited. When you turn 30+, you will be looked at much differently then you are in your 20s. In fact, there is little chance to "start over" again in your 30s in many occupations.

When you leave a company, you lose vacation time and any pension benefits.

Now, of course, there are many success stories out there, no doubt about it. However, there are far more stories of disaster that you do not hear about. I can sit you in front of quite a number of people who have lost a lot of money who will say the same thing.

The risk to do what you describe is incredible and you dont want to be banging your head 5-10 years later wondering why you didnt get a real job or why you didnt get that masters degree.

When the market is incredibly bad, its amazing how a real job or business seems like such an inviting idea. When the market seems real good, then the idea of having a real job is no longer inviting. Those who dont work usually die early, FACT.

I bet we will see you back here in a few years wondering how to spruce up your resume.

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. ggoyal

ggoyal

man dont listen to some of the bullshit here. if u have a trading plan, do it. just dont do it with borrowed money that has to be paid back. if ur folks can afford it, get 25K-30K from them. if not, work full time, live cheap as hell for two years. by then u will have a nice a/c to trade with. then try it for a couple of months.

just dont borrow money that has to be paid back.

#13     Jun 12, 2007