Importance of demo

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NeilKruger, Oct 1, 2020.

1. It helps you in getting the understanding of a real trading as beginners and as for experienced traders, they can backtest their strategies.

#21     Oct 22, 2020
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Understanding real trading happens only when one trades with real money, but demo is still an indispensable instrument for newbies.

#22     Oct 22, 2020
  3. There are both execution and trader related differences. Even the spreads are different. Demo is just a risk free trading environment. The only benefit I found using them was the control of emotions. But again it only works if you treat it like a real account. Not identical to live trading in the majority of aspects.

#23     Oct 23, 2020
  4. Virtual money can’t compare real money

#24     Oct 26, 2020
  5. I am into demo trading since last 3-4 months. Is it the right time to switch to live?

#25     Oct 26, 2020
  6. Well, you only have the best answer to that. Depends on how much learned during this period. If you feel you can bear the losses with respect to the scale you are investing, then absolutely. But note there’s only a little that demo account could help with real time scenarios as you still might not be prepared for that. If I tell you about me, I used to spend hours interacting with other traders via online discussions and video calls. When I started with Fxview, I wasn’t too confident with my strategies which is the case with almost everyone who has just stepped in. With time, things seemed in control, however, I still try to discover new things to learn that I could possibly implement.

#26     Oct 26, 2020
  7. Oghmaron

Oghmaron

A demo account will not replace a real one, but it can significantly help prepare for trading

#27     Nov 18, 2020
  8. cesfx

cesfx

Demo is like learning how to drive or fly on a simulator.
    Does that make you a good driver or pilot? Would I trust you with my life after simulator training Vs hrs of the real stuff? No way.

#28     Nov 18, 2020
  9. Joeyadi

Joeyadi

In order to start trading on a real account and confidently use the platform, you need to try all this first on a demo account, and then it will be much easier.

#29     Nov 23, 2020
  10. Kodakoto

Kodakoto

There are those who underestimate the demo account and immediately start trading on a real account, it seems to me that this is quite risky and thoughtless.

#30     Nov 24, 2020
    Nobert likes this.