Importance of demo

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by NeilKruger, Oct 1, 2020.

1. tradenet

tradenet

Correct. After all, a demo account is what makes a beginner familiar to the trading world. However many people don't spend adequate time demo trading and are in the hurry to go live.

#11     Oct 9, 2020
  2. By no means can we ignore demos but I still think they are overrated. At the back of your mind you know that it is not real money, so you won't be really burdened with emotions as such. Better to use a demo for a couple of weeks, get acquainted with the system, and start your real practice with a low minimum deposit broker. Like Fxview or XTB. You can start trading with just a few dollars and see if you’re able to trade the same way as in demo. Losing a few dollars initially is worth the teaching and the experience it would give for lifetime.

#12     Oct 15, 2020
  3. The demo is the place where every new trader start trading and can do more and more practice over the demo which will be helpful to do real trading.

#13     Oct 15, 2020
  4. maxinger

maxinger

Your plan is guaranteed going to fail miserably.
    You need to do demo until your demo account is showing a consistently positive results.
    It may take many months, years, decades, or never.

after successful demo trading,
    and after you have done the relevant mind/emotion exercise / test,
    then move on to live trading.

#14     Oct 15, 2020
    tomorton likes this.
  5. tedmos38

tedmos38

Demo accounts are personally my favourite, using a demo account new traders can learn how to trade in the market, the existing traders can try out new strategies and do other operations without risking any funds. So indeed, demo accounts are really helpful and they are a requirement of every trader.

#15     Oct 16, 2020
    fargone likes this.
  6. fargone

fargone

Nice. I agree that they are very useful to learn and strategize your trading skill and other many factors for your forex trading journey

#16     Oct 20, 2020
    tedmos38 likes this.
  7. tomorton

tomorton

Demo accounts may also be useful as indicators.

We all hear about strategies that stop working for no reasons apparent on the individual charts. Its possible that a demo account could be used to pick up these invisible changes in market "condition", particularly if used to run a large number of positions in parallel, something which might be unaffordable high risk with a real capital.

I'm experimenting with this and hope to post more soon. Maybe other traders are already running demo positions as indicators?

#17     Oct 20, 2020
  8. Demo accounts helps you to understand more about the live trading because it is the exact replica of the live account and one can practice in demo account and develop their strategy and once you're confident enough then you can move to live trading.

#18     Oct 20, 2020
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

IB has an outstanding demo/sim platform.

I believe that this process should be

• Sim/demo mode using typical size until you're consistent, or can double your sim account
    • Then at least a few months live trading small size live until consistent
    • Then gradually scale up

#19     Oct 20, 2020
    rb7 likes this.
  10. tedmos38

tedmos38

Indeed, also one can get an idea whether the forex market is a right place for him or not.

#20     Oct 21, 2020