Imperialism, murder, and disregard for sovereignty; policy of Democrat adminstration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 7, 2011.

1. I never said OBL deserved to be treated in any way. You just made that up. What I said is that our administration has an obligation to act in accordance with Western values. That means due process, a trial, and a judicial execution. Acting with class and dignity. It's not about what OBL deserves, it's about Western cultural standards. Clearly, that's a foreign notion to you.

The campaign trail? When did I ever say anything about this as a campaign talking point? Where are you getting this shit? You're like a one man strawman factory. Unemployment? Taxes? The "mega wealthy"? What the fuck does any of that have to do with this topic? I thought that VA insurance covered mental health?? :confused:

#61     May 11, 2011
  2. Bwaaa ha ha ha. Western cultural values, class and dignity? Now that's rich. Had they captured Bin Laden and held him to trial you'd be first in line condemning the administration for being a bunch of pussies for not killing him, and you know it.
    You didn't bring up the campaign trail, I did. It's relation to the topic is not as important as pointing out just how far off the rail you boy's have went. You're about to get your asses kicked in a major way come next November and it's all relevant as a whole when considering the idiotic notions that republicans are now spewing. Values, class and dignity in regard to oppressive republican politics and ideology...:D Damn, that was funny!

#62     May 11, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

This role reversal is such a good example, so clear and timely, of the madness of extreme partisanship that it will be a wonder to watch us devolve again into our typical, heated arguments going forward. I assume we will, because, "the bane of Man is that he forgets".

#63     May 11, 2011
  4. You know I once heard Limbaugh say that the best way to fight liberalism is to have a good memory. I couldn't agree more with the exception that I'd replace the word liberalism with the phrase, current political spin.

#64     May 11, 2011
  5. Well you clearly have no concept of the culture and values of Western peoples. I would not at all be condemning anyone if they captured OBL. I would be highly disappointed if he wasn't sentenced to death upon conviction, however. That doesn't mean I approve the use of death squads over civilized option of due process and judicial execution, like in the case of the Nazis and Saddam.

It's really shocking that you think concepts of due process and the justice process are "off the rail" and "idiotic notions"? Whatever you say Comrade Mao. Perhaps you should consider a move to China. You'll find yourself amongst more like minded folks.

Who is "you boys"? Off the rail? My positions are consistent. I'm on the same rail I've been on. I agree that as of now, there is no feasible opposition to Obama, which is mostly because the GOP will only back establishment candidates. I don't know what yo mean by "asses kicked", but I'm not expecting anything like that to happen in Congress. I wouldn't doubt that Obama gets a second term, however. That's fine though, let's get as many of those affirmative action obligations out of the way as we can, while we're already at it.

"Oppressive republican politics and ideology"? What does that consist of? The only republicans which I would describe that way are the centrist establishment GOP, which is really the same party as the centrist democrats.

The guys in my corner, like Ron Paul, have been highly consistent, so I don't really get where you're coming from.

#65     May 11, 2011
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Talk shit, get hit

Maybe his 72 virgins will explain the concept to him :D

#66     May 11, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Is it "murder" if the government sanctions it? I'm thinking of our troops...

#67     May 11, 2011
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

I'm still waiting for you to produce the slightest shred of evidence that YOU were critical of Bush's death sentence on bin Laden. But not holding my breath.

#68     May 11, 2011