Imperialism, murder, and disregard for sovereignty; policy of Democrat adminstration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 7, 2011.

1. Yes, I was against Iraq at the outset. Ron Paul was too, as were many on the libertarian right. Hillary was all for it. If you'll notice, the neocon establishment right is all for it too. It's only us "extreme" folks, left and right, who seem to take any issue with not WHAT was done, but HOW it was done. The establishment centrists (the nation's main problem), are all in universal approval.

I was against Iraq but for Afghanistan. However we've been there for 10 years and no longer have any business there either.

I haven't lost any perspective. My views have remained consistent. Sorry you're so angry, good luck on that job search.

#51     May 11, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

He is now.

That's the nice thing about the death penalty.

#52     May 11, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Tell it to resinate.

#53     May 11, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm too conservative for resinate to pay any attention to me.

#54     May 11, 2011
  5. My views have remained consistent as well. I'm still right of center. It's the right that moved so far right they're off the chart, similar to the movement that occurred on the left.
    I was for Iraq at the outset the the intel, crappy as it was with all the wisdom of 20/20 hindsight. I have written and still claim that in a post 9/11 world we couldn't take a chance. When it became apparent that there were no WMD's we should have withdrawn all combat troops. Bush should have went on the tube and said, you talk shit in this post 9/11 world we're coming to kick your ass. Don't want your ass kicked? Don't talk shit! End of discussion. I still maintain we would have had world support for the most part had we handled it that way.
    Afganistan? The appropriate action would have been to punish them for facilitating terrorist activity. No hearts and minds non-sense. No building schools and installing plumbing. Just death and destruction. Same message as Iraq. Play this game in a post 9/11 world and there will be a heavy price to pay.
    Bin Laden? He had no rights and deserved no trial. Costly trials for those who are obviously guilty by there own admission is a waste of time, money, and emotional anguish.
    The whole point is that the right would have given a sheepish grin about "how it was done" had Bush been president, and you know that. Their feigned outrage today is nothing more than political partisanship taken to an extreme.

#55     May 11, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

Tell me one mainstream person on the right who is criticising the Obama raid, name one.

No what they are criticising is the jackasses in the Obama admin who want to prosecute navy seals for slapping a terrorist, but then are willing to go into a country we arent at war with. They are critical of the democrats hypocrisy on the issue, they are critical of the fact that Dems complain about waterboarding while doing even worse things.

I fully supported the raid on Osama, and his killing, it doesnt mean im not going to point out the glaringly obvious hypocrisy/stupidity of the left, and their mob of idiots, who criticised waterboarding, and called Bush a war criminal, and then laid silent while Obama executed Bin Ladens murder.

I fully support both waterboarding, and Osamas execution, i didnt support the wars in either Iraq or Afghanistan though, as i saw them both as a colossal waste of money.

#56     May 11, 2011
  7. The democrats don't believe dignity, class, justice or due process. They prefer death squads, like their other incarnation, the KKK. It's easier for their simple, animalistic minds. Some "humanitarians".

#57     May 11, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Iraq did not, and still does not, have the moral justification that taking out OBL did. And then there's the matter of scale, lives, time, money. And the matter of cruelty (which is a useful starting point to understand the difference between slapping, and a lethal headshot). Admittedly, that latter is mostly about marketing, but marketing is more important today then it has ever been.

I use "moral" in my first sentence, to concede that establishing a base in Iraq probably has a positive ROI, ie. economic justification.

#58     May 11, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

LOL

#59     May 11, 2011
  10. Yeah, that will go a long ways on the campaign trail in the coming year. Let's see what the repubs have on the plate.
    Bin Laden deserved to be treated with dignity and respect. Forgive and forget that the financial industry destroyed the economy while blaming the average worker for making too much money and that their benefit package is responsible for the national debt. Completely ignore this unemployment spike was caused by the very people who brought down the economy while blaming those unemployed for collecting unemployment benefits. Tell the working class they must sacrifice while giving tax breaks to the mega wealthy. Yep, you guys are on track for victory lane with that rap.:eek: But look at the bright side. You'll have four more years to rail away against Obama, wave the flag, and be singing God Bless America all while the country goes to hell as you prepare for 2016. Ain't it grand?

#60     May 11, 2011