Imperialism, murder, and disregard for sovereignty; policy of Democrat adminstration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 7, 2011.

1. Right or left, this is an awesome post of a strangely underrepresented view So true. Saddam Hussain, Nazis and Serberbian war criminals got trials. Why do we applaud when our president orders the assassination of proclaimed enemies with zero due process? Shouldn't we be appalled and enraged at such a precedent? This is the behavior of Stalin and other loathed totalitarians.

#41     May 9, 2011
  2. It took an administration with a powerful and dedicated executive to act decisively at a moment of opportunity, an opportunity yielded by the joint efforts of the military and CIA.
    That's why Rush Limbaugh gets credit for everything. Don't go over to Afghanistan and fuck with rush' poppy fields; that his straight mainline to Percodan.

#42     May 9, 2011
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

well that powerful and dedicated exec.(your words) needs to quit releasing stupid videos that prove nothing and keep the so-called conspiracy theorists active. In this case silence may be their best tactic, when the proof is suspect.

#43     May 9, 2011
  4. Hypocrites... it takes one to know one.

#44     May 9, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well at least one of our esteemed flaming liberals has the integrity to stick to his principles while the POTUS ,he almost certainly supported, basks in the lime light of the OBL assassination.

You ought to contribute here more often resinate. Surely the embarrassment of having been fired as a moderator of this forum years ago has passed by now.

#45     May 10, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

OBL wasn't done plotting.

#46     May 10, 2011
  7. As a further antidote to the liberal hypocrisy, here is an example of a proper left wing critique by Noam Chomsky:

"It’s increasingly clear that the operation was a planned assassination, multiply violating elementary norms of international law. There appears to have been no attempt to apprehend the unarmed victim, as presumably could have been done by 80 commandos facing virtually no opposition—except, they claim, from his wife, who lunged towards them. In societies that profess some respect for law, suspects are apprehended and brought to fair trial. I stress “suspects.” In April 2002, the head of the FBI, Robert Mueller, informed the press that after the most intensive investigation in history, the FBI could say no more than that it “believed” that the plot was hatched in Afghanistan, though implemented in the UAE and Germany. What they only believed in April 2002, they obviously didn’t know 8 months earlier, when Washington dismissed tentative offers by the Taliban (how serious, we do not know, because they were instantly dismissed) to extradite bin Laden if they were presented with evidence—which, as we soon learned, Washington didn’t have. Thus Obama was simply lying when he said, in his White House statement, that “we quickly learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda.”

Nothing serious has been provided since. There is much talk of bin Laden’s “confession,” but that is rather like my confession that I won the Boston Marathon. He boasted of what he regarded as a great achievement....

...We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush’s compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic. Uncontroversially, his crimes vastly exceed bin Laden’s, and he is not a “suspect” but uncontroversially the “decider” who gave the orders to commit the “supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole” (quoting the Nuremberg Tribunal) for which Nazi criminals were hanged: the hundreds of thousands of deaths, millions of refugees, destruction of much of the country, the bitter sectarian conflict that has now spread to the rest of the region.... "

http://www.zcommunications.org/my-reaction-to-osama-bin-laden-s-death-by-noam-chomsky

#47     May 11, 2011
  8. And the radical right finds themselves in bed with the U.N., Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Moore and now Noam Chomsky.:eek: Ain't no fool like a fool that can't see past their own hate. We're seeing history made here. Political partisanship and bias being taken to it's most absurd extreme. You boy's on the far right can no longer make the claim that liberalism is a form of mental illness without taking a good hard look in the mirror. The inmates are defiantly running the asylum on this issue.

#48     May 11, 2011
  9. Well, while I don't consider myself "far right", others do. I consider those people far right, who think we should invade some 3rd world shit hole and build a new regime because they don't vote or whatever. THOSE people are "far right", not me. I'd much rather have our army here, on our border, because WE are getting invaded.

All that to say, that just because I believe in due process and doing things the right way, doesn't mean I'm "in bed with" the UN.

Hitler thought smoking was harmful and tried to discourage smoking in Nazi Germany. Do you think smoking is harmful? If so, do you consider yourself "in bed with" Nazis? Non sequitur doesn't advance your argument.

Note, I do not object to the procurement of OBL, or even the execution of OBL. I just simply think there's a right way to do things as per the standards of Western Civilization, and this administration has fallen far short of those standards.

#49     May 11, 2011
  10. Yeah, and how upset were you when we marched into Iraq under the great leader George Bush? Sure, sure, you were against it. It's the new level you guys have taken your criticism too. You have lost all perspective. The right spends 30 seconds criticizing what happened under Bush and endless hours slamming Obama.
    Can we be honest here for just a moment. I think it's pretty safe to say that had Bin Laden been taken out in the very same fashion while Bush was president the celebratory circle jerk would have been massive. 24/7 coverage on FOX. Parades down 5th Ave. Every hillbilly flying the flag from their pick up truck. Every CW Band writing America will kick your ass songs. Every republican political type just gushing on every TV show, and on and on. But Bin Laden gets greased while Obama is the prez and all the right is worried about is whether we violated his rights. OMFG!
    I guess if you live long enough you will see everything.

#50     May 11, 2011