Impeachment hearings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wallet, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Yeh, you learn something new every day.

#41     Nov 13, 2019
    WeToddDid2 likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Which law?
    Didn't you just say "no crime may have been committed"?

#42     Nov 13, 2019
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Trump entered office wealthy unlike most politicians who leave office far far better off financially than when they entered. Actually the payoff comes after leaving where they receive their 30 pieces of silver.

Establishment hates him.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    #43     Nov 13, 2019
    traderob and WeToddDid2 like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

At obvious glance:
    U.S. Code § 30121 (a)ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
    (1)a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make
    (A)
    a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
    ^that would be the Ukranians breaking the law under extortion and/or bribery, establishing the "quid" in "quid pro quo"
    (2)
    a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

^that would be the Trump et.al breaking the law for just entertaining the idea out loud w/a foreign power & securing assurances from said power.

violation of International Anti-Bribery Act of 1998
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/PLAW-105publ366/pdf/PLAW-105publ366.pdf

I'm sure a meticulous enough lawman could pursue violations of the oaths of office, endangering national security, and/or sequestering duties from another branch (control of the purse).

but if that's still too murky to follow, the media will do a good job of walking everyone through it:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    #44     Nov 13, 2019
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  5. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Can you cite one instance in the history of our country where courts have ruled that information is considered a thing of value in reference to this law? A lot of people make this argument, but I can't find a single instance of legal precedence to back it up.

#45     Nov 13, 2019
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There isn't one.

#46     Nov 13, 2019
  7. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

If you say so, I'm just catching up on what I missed. He sounds perfectly normal. I heard until questions moved to Kent and left to fix something at the hospital.

All the republicans have is introducing a lot of something something, their aim is to keep their base dazed and confused which is pretty easy. Over this evening and tomorrow morning the cretins will get told what to think by Hannity and Tugger.

We may get to see the 'Being There' defence for Bone Spurs come to life tomorrow.

Anyone who is thinks a "thing of value" can't be quantified might read this. https://www.fec.gov/files/legal/aos/2007-22/2007-22.pdf

They will be forced to argue that the POTUS is just a simpleton who somehow even after all the Stormy Daniels stuff never grasped campaign finance violations.

Was it going to cost Ukraine more than $2000 to investigate for him? Yep. Was it going to be worth more than $25,000 to him? Sure was.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    #47     Nov 13, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm no legal scholar, but courts appeared to have ruled on info being "of value" in other cases. The DOJ certainly considered it with AMI's catch and kill stories. Would likely be a 1st
    Good read on the subject:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/justice-department-trump-call-ukraine-thing-value

which begs the question: Should I be prosecuted for trafficking in insider information when it concerns trading? Why did the RNC pay a private eye to put together a dirt "dossier" on Trump? Why was Trump withholding defense money to Ukraine if he found their cooperation on the Biden sham of no value?

#48     Nov 14, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

no, i said:

Removal will be unsuccessful there's no doubt about it, of that much, we can agree on, regardless if a crime is proven to have been committed.

#49     Nov 14, 2019
  10. ! EXCLUSIVE BOMBSHELL: Documents Released by Ukrainian General Prosecutor's Office Reveal MILLIONS Funneled to Hunter Biden and the John Kerry Family
    Thursday, November 14th 2019, 4:12:02 am
    article
    views: 996
    Oh My. Documents released this evening tie millions from foreign sources to the Hunter Biden, Devon Archer and John Kerry and his family! Documents reportedly leaked from the Ukrainian General Prosecutor’s office show complex money transfers from foreign sources into former President Obama’s Vice President and Secretary of State’s families – BOMBSHELL: Leaked documents from …
    See more at thegatewaypundit.com

#50     Nov 14, 2019
    traderob and Wallet like this.