Impeachment hearings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wallet, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I thought it was the reverse. Kent's answers were swift, thought-out and without much pause. Well-spoken. Taylor meanwhile was grasping at the air, had a deer-in-the-headlights look, waffled on many responses, and couldn't stop using his hands as an answer. Like he was holding a damned roach and wanting to take a puff.

#11     Nov 13, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

I watched the whole thing. I can tell you, the Dems are going to lose this one. I thought so from the moment I read that transcript the day it was released. The fact that the public money had to be held to assure it was not being used to further any cause that was tainted by corruption resonated in me. It made sense.

Does this not remind anyone of the Kavanaugh hearings? It's going down the same path.

#12     Nov 13, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

oh yeah, resonated like the usual bull spewed by this WH:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-p...ams-aimed-fighting-corruption-ukraine-abroad/
    Trump administration sought billions of dollars in cuts to programs aimed at fighting corruption in Ukraine and elsewhere

and another thing, the money didn't "have to be held", that's the crux of he issue. The executive does not control monies allocated by congress

#13     Nov 13, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Hey man, I'm only going by what I heard the guy say. Taylor or Kent, I forget. Paraphrasing..."Congress mandated that we cannot use public funds to help a foreign body unless it is assured that the money will not be subjugated by a corrupt foreign entity". Something to that effect.

If they are lying, shoot them. If they are not lying, don't shoot the messenger?

#14     Nov 13, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

haven't watched the testimony, a similar line was fed by the WH; though this doesn't ring like money agreed to.

#15     Nov 13, 2019
  6. UsualName

UsualName

This impeachment is more about showing history a significant amount of the American people were willing to stand up and fight blatant corruption by a lawless and self serving president.

As to the mechanics the democrats rolled out the broad narrative of what was happening on the ground in Ukraine today. They put up two unimpeachable witnesses who were in total control and credible.

Next comes the supporting facts. Schiff is not Trey Gowdy, he knows how to prosecute a case.

The only shame will be if the senate does not remove Trump.

#16     Nov 13, 2019
    Cuddles and Frederick Foresight like this.
  7. The public has no interest in this drama. No sex involved as with Clinton.

Not saying that the public on both sides does not care about the outcome- but the public would be willing to just do a fast forward and get to the final vote. Boring shiite. No interest in the Ukraine and all the players are boring.

As I have said repeatedly, the tards should enjoy this next couple weeks because they can pretend that all of America is watching this. They are not. And then Bill Barr is going to dump the report right at the end of the month to totally over-ride whatever attention span they did have for this.

And of course, one of the reasons why it is boring and no one is watching is because the dems control the witness list. You put Joe and Hunter and the WhistleTraitor in the cage for the day and I can guarantee you that the interest would go up. But nope. All boring-all the time.

Not to worry the aformentioned characters will be in for the Senate trial.

#17     Nov 13, 2019
    WeToddDid2 likes this.
  8. No, what it shows is that members of the democrat permanent government/Deep State are now so bold that they are prepared to go way beyond merely trying to sabotage the program of a democratically elected president. Now they are prepared to brazenly come out and try to remove him from office for the crime of deviating from their preferred policy in dealing with a corrupt foreign country.

It's a sad day for our country that the entire democrat party and their media wing are ok with this.

#18     Nov 13, 2019
    smallfil likes this.
  9. It's hard to avoid concluding that they either have a lot of money at stake or have a lot to hide.

#19     Nov 13, 2019
  10. [​IMG]Emerald Robinson ✝️‏Verified account@EmeraldRobinson 8h8 hours ago
    1. Kent then says future witnesses Vindman & Hill are "the heirs of Kissinger." What does that mean? It means that this little gang of Never Trumpers at the Ukraine desk are "the heirs of post-war American foreign policy." He's saying: Trump upset us. Trump thinks he's in charge.

1. [​IMG]Emerald Robinson ✝️‏Verified account@EmeraldRobinson 9h9 hours ago

1. What George Kent is now saying in his opening statement is that George Kent is in charge of foreign policy - NOT the President. In other words, Trump made the mistake of disagreeing with Kent! Kent is the ultimate symbol of the State Department: a 4th generation desk jockey.

#20     Nov 13, 2019
    smallfil likes this.