Immortality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DataCruncher, Mar 25, 2009.

1. your a moron :D

#21     Mar 27, 2009

2. would it be better to take the necessary vitamins to get the nutrients instead of eating red meat or seafood?

that way you avoid the saturated fat & growth hormones in meat and the mercury & toxins in seafood

#22     Mar 27, 2009
  3. I don't believe so, DC.

Most vitamins one takes orally are excreted, intact, in the urine. There was a massive Lancet study that showed over 98% of orally taken vitamins passed through the urine, unabsorbed.

There are some that do get absorbed through the gut or GI tract, but they are few in number, and tend to be the 'fat seeking' or lipophilic type, such as Omega-3 fatty acids from cod, sardine, mackerel or other fish species - the better quality supplements here are run through processes that allow the manufacturer to suspend and discard the toxins that accumulated in the fish.

Subcutaneous injections of certain vitamins and supplements is the best way to get absorption, as this method bypasses the gut and GI tract, altogether. But quite a few vitamins can't be administered this way.

#23     Mar 27, 2009
  4. your a moron :D

#24     Mar 27, 2009
  5. What are you, like 12?

Go to bed.

#25     Mar 27, 2009
  6. no like 22 what you like 35? you talk like a dad old man :p

#26     Mar 27, 2009
  7. I have not seen that Lancet study, do you have a link?

#27     Mar 30, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Immortality is bad. Have you seen how reactionary, set in their ways, and conservative 50 year olds are? Imagine a world where most people are over 100. Jesus fucking christ, even Adolf hitler would be preferable to that kind of hellish gerontocracy.

For every Buddha, Tolstoy, or Steve Jobs, there are 1 million fucking losers who have given up on life and want the rest of the world to suffer like they do.

If that isn't enough to scare you, imagine a world where 99% of the opposite sex are over 100 years old.

#28     Mar 30, 2009
  9. Have you heard anything good about Centrum Multivitamins, which my wife and I take each day? Are we wasting our money and time? If so, can you recommend some good multivitamins out there?

Also, we eat Total cereal each day, which has 100% RDA of 12 different vitamins and minerals. Is that enough where we don't have to bother with multivitamin pills?

As far as iron goes, with the Centrum and the Total cereal, it works out to 200% RDA of iron which is 36 milligrams. Is that too much to be taking on a daily basis? I heard too much iron can cause certain health problems.

#29     Sep 23, 2009
  10. most take a vitamin because they are not getting their DRI's (RDA) from their diet. if this is the case vits are a poor substitute for nutrition. everything that is beneficial in a vegetable cannot be distilled & packed in a pill :)

ceratinly the vit pill will not provide you with immortality.. there is no evidence that it will impart any additional years :D

#30     Sep 23, 2009