Immortality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DataCruncher, Mar 25, 2009.

1. lifespan less than now what we enjoy/ NO, no

we can now taste the cusp of immortality

#11     Mar 26, 2009

2. Impossible. Haven't you heard of cryogenics? You're frozen, you can select entire body or just head, until science comes up with a cure to what ailed you, then you're revived. Mutants may live till then but I doubt they'll be both scientifically evolved enough to find any cure and be benevolent enough to not attack. I doubt they'll have the disposition of Klingons.

#12     Mar 26, 2009
  3. got to be hell on your skin immersed in liquid nitrogen for 300 yrs :D

#13     Mar 26, 2009

4. Yea, thats crossed my mind. If theres even an inkling of life left in me when I die that noone discovered was possible and the pain of what you cite becomes a fact then that'd be hell.

Here's a link to transhumanists. These folks devote themselves to the concept of immortality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

#14     Mar 26, 2009
  5. staying ALIVE is 'simply' a matter of gene manipulation :)

#15     Mar 27, 2009
  6. It's 'you're,' not 'your,' when used in the context that you used it in. 'You're' = 'you are.'

Anyways, keep eating your tree bark and roots.

I'll bet you have the female sex hormones of a spry 18 year old college freshmen.

That'd be great, if you were a chick.

#16     Mar 27, 2009
  7. and i bet you have the cardio system and prostate of a 60 yr old man

one word for you FLOMAX :D

keep eating those super-sized 'happy meals"

great for longevity :D

#17     Mar 27, 2009
  8. I don't eat fast food.

I only eat clean food; nothing processed, from packages or bags or boxes. I don't eat anything that has a shelf life of more than a few days, unless refrigerated, in which case, I strive to eat only non-radiated foods (i.e. organic eggs and meat; I don't consume any dairy as I'm allergic to casein).

Your radical views on 'all meat is bad and unhealthy' is the biggest difference between us.

As I've said before, science is absolutely clear that humans are hard pressed to obtain optimal nutrition without the easily assimilated iron, vitamin B12, zinc and essential peptide chains provided by amino acid sequences contained in animal protein.

I won't rehash this debate with you.

You don't have to eat red meat to obtain these essential elements of nutrition - seafood of a decent variety is a healthy way to obtain zinc, essential fatty acids and vitamin B12, but the problem with many types of seafood is lipophilic toxicity due to heavy concentrations of mercury and PCBs as the world uses the oceans as their industrial dumping grounds, unfortunately.

#18     Mar 27, 2009
  9. so health & longevity TURNS on B12 and iron?? LOL :D

HEME iron is associated with greater cancer risk, maybe you didn't get the memo :D

as regards meat eating:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/23/AR2009032301626.html?hpid=topnews

Eating red meat increases the chances of dying prematurely, according to the first large study to examine whether regularly eating beef or pork increases mortality.

"You can be very healthy being a vegetarian, but you can be very healthy being a non-vegetarian if you keep your red-meat intake low," Willett said. "If you are eating meat twice a day and can cut back to once a day there's a big benefit. If you cut back to two or three times a week there's even more benefit. If you eliminate it entirely, there's a little more benefit, but the big benefit is getting away from everyday red-meat consumption."

organic, grass-fed or fed happy meals it's still fat-laden MEAT
    :D

ps "heme iron" is from animal source

#19     Mar 27, 2009
  10. Dude, you're the one who claimed that a 'tomato' has all the protein one needs in their diet, no?

That is the largest pile of vegetarian bullshit I've ever read anywhere.

Your credibility is irreparably broken in light of that comment, alone, although it's clear you also don't understand how cells regenerate nor the nutrients that they need to do so.

#20     Mar 27, 2009