Immigration Bill Would Give Country To Dems

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 23, 2013.

1. jem

jem

good read.

I suppose we could consider such a policy...
    If we were a becoming a more libertarian country instead of a more big govt leftist country.

The problem is we can not afford the big govt giveways.
    Lose borders and big govt giveaways are bankrupting states like California. For instance I believe I read that if we ceased educating the children of illegal aliens we would come close to balancing our state budget.

I struggle with the immigration issue.
    If we could lower taxes and balance the budget, I think we could adopt a more libertarian immigration and worker policy.
    I think we should also consider change the way we qualify for citizenship. I think it should be born to american parents... not just being born here.

In short until our country starts becoming more libertarian... it would be nuts to adopt a more libertarian immigration policy.

Big fat govt giveways... mean more and more free loaders.
    Eventually you run out of others money.

I spoke with people over the weekend.
    They read that a family making less than 50 grand in San Diego is in poverty.

These people were making about 50 grand.
    I asked how much would they make if they did not work.
    They said they could probably live equivalently by just going on the govt dole.

That is crazy leftist policy.

#11     Apr 23, 2013
  2. Those libertarian arguments on immigration are a prime example of why sensible people pay little attention to them. Really, the argument is that some businesses would rather pay lower wages, so we should welcome a bunch of unskilled illiterates into the country. Left unsaid is the fact that most of them will be on welfare, joining gangs, flooding the schools and costing us a fortune.

The argument that a law is bad if people routinely violate it is interesting. It gives lawbreakers a veto policy over our laws. Don't like a law? Just get a lot of people to violate it and we can declare it wrong. Frightening.

These arguments defy reality. they imagine that these migrant workers willcome here, beaver away at their low wage jobs, then happily return home when the job ends. Bitter experience has taught us that that is not what will happen. They will overstay their visas and disappear into the underground economy, apearing later at amnesty rallies waving giant mexican flags.

The bottom line is you can't have a welfare society and open borders. You mght as well just open up Ft. Know and let people help themselves.

#12     Apr 23, 2013