immigrants headed home

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Mar 3, 2009.

is this good for the future of the US

1. yes

53 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. no

40 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. unsure

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. #21     Mar 3, 2009
  2. H-1b has destroyed American tech workers, and American tech quality

Systems written in the 1980s and early 1990s still runs

much of code delivered today is junk and never usable

#22     Mar 3, 2009
  3. Their "CASTE" system keeps them from progressing.

#23     Mar 3, 2009
  4. #24     Mar 3, 2009
  5. That is a popular myth justfying the opening of the spigot for H1B visas.

Engineering in this country is not worth it in terms of effort/pay out. If you could get an accounting degree and with minimum effort get 40-45K out of college or you can get an engineering degree and get 50-53(not civil engineering!) but you have to be a good boy in math, Physics, Chemistry, THROUGHOUT YOUR WHOLE ACADEMIC CAREER then it is not worth it at all. Engineering is by far the hardest BS degree there is (I am not including Math/Hard sciences since they are related)

It is not that American youths are somehow more lazy it is that more and more people are diverting their efforts to fields where pay out vs effort is significantly easier. I made that same decision in college even though I wanted to be an engineer in the beginning.

#25     Mar 3, 2009
  6. The whole country is corrupt beyond belief, its democracy is a joke & a sham. Well, democracy is general is a sham, just look into the meaning of the word. Regardless, 80%+ of the people in India have no real rights nor voice, they are just serfs. Everyone who thinks India is sooo great just looks at the tiny middle class and ignores most of the nation.

#26     Mar 3, 2009
  7. and that's why our elite worships India so much

a vicious, rigorously enforced caste system, with almost no middle class

Indians bring indentured servitude and their caste system ways to the USA, licking the corporate boot above, pissing on anyone one notch below

#27     Mar 3, 2009
  8. China is the better business model for the elites.
    India is a little too progressive for them. Too many documentaries & films exposing the myth. "Slumdog Millionaire" type movie would have never been filmed in China. They are very straightforward in China, they just lock you up.

#28     Mar 3, 2009
  9. It looks like you are angry and hateful ... may be some therapy and anger management classes will do the trick.

#29     Mar 3, 2009
  10. Specterx

Specterx

You would have to be crazy to think this, unless you happen to be from India. Always a place in your heart for your home country, but I always think of that scene from Seinfeld: "India is a dreadful, dreadful place..."

Hot, massively overcrowded, poor, tremendously inefficient government. India does make a respectable effort at Western-style democracy, I have to give 'em that, but it's still a third-world country. Lots of Indians are hard-working, good studies and so on but IMO there are just too many people in the country for most Indians to ever have a decent standard of living. Sort of the same problem that we see in the world at large.

#30     Mar 3, 2009