Immigrants Don't Take Jobs From Americans, Fed Study Says

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Aug 30, 2010.

1. The piker left out the key phrases:

Covertibility 01-17-07 08:12 AM

Wow I thought this thread ended when I said sell on the homebuilders back in 2005 for the easy double digit gains.

Lets see this thread, and in response to Lanser's inbox message, was started in continuation of a 2004 thread where people were proclaiming a crash then. 2004 double digit home appreciation. 2005 double digit home appreciation. 2006 down 3%. (If anyone lives in Northern NJ, you saw price appreciation last year, double digits in some parts.)

And to see someone say inflation is gonna get worse, double digit mortgages, lol. I'll have to bring back the Weimar fan reference and post cpi numbers again.

---------

I was out before the crash. And whatever happened to inflation?? Outside the 4 bubble states, RE wasn't as bad as many predicted.

On this site, if you make money, you get criticized.

#21     Aug 31, 2010
  2. how many americans would even clean septic pipes at $5/hour?

#22     Aug 31, 2010
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Sort of. Expectation is the last criteria to the gestation of a bubble. First and foremost is cheap credit, low debt-to-equity ratios, and willing lenders.

Deflation would require the same criteria, except opposite. Expensive credit, high debt-to-equity ratio, and unwilling lenders. Expectation, again, is the last piece.

#23     Aug 31, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Thousands... if the illegals weren't here.

The whole problem is illegals drive wages down and employment laws go unenforced.

#24     Aug 31, 2010
  5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Is this a case of "NIMBY", a socio-economic term. Lets build a new prison,,,yes!!, oh but not in my back yard. Lets build homes for the poor and homeless, YES!!,, oh, but not in my back yard.

NIMBY, not in my backyard.

""Oh i know thousands of people that would clean toilets for 5.00/hr... oh well,, not really know them, not in my circles, but i am sure they are out there. ""

Honestly, if you are worried of a mexican or chinesse guy taking your job here. You need to look deep into the mirror and ask yourself. "why am i such a loser",

are you that invaluable, un wanted that a foreign guy that doesnt speak English is taking your position. Then learn new skills, get smart, dont be such a douchebag and maybe you wont be elminated so quickly.

EF

#25     Aug 31, 2010
  6. Eddie is right, so was the other guy talking about his sub contractors in Texas. On a percentage basis, the Mexicans can do alot of this hard manual labor much better, much more quickly, and at a fraction of the price. They are dependable workers and employers have a good idea of what to expect.

This nonsense about removing all the immigrants and then the US citizens will take these jobs is just complete rubbish. We've literally had a generation pass by that never for a minute would consider that type of hard labor at reduced wages. All of a sudden, these prima-donnas are going to take those jobs? Please. Not to mention that we have another large segment of the population living off extended unemployment benefits, disability payouts, food stamps, etc. You tell me where the initiative and incentive will come from.

#26     Aug 31, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

LOL What? Are you Mexican or something? You're definitely not American.

As for the rest of it. Illegals take jobs Americans would otherwise work. We've got 10 Million unemployed but millions of jobs illegals work isn't the problem? You're an idiot. Congrats. Btw, I could out-trade you anyday of the week, Bitch.

#27     Aug 31, 2010
  8. The only whites who will do this sort of job, are the Irish. Come on, what company is gonna hire an ex GM union worker at $40/hour to scrub ass and flip whoppers?

#28     Aug 31, 2010
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Another idiot. Illegals work jobs Americans would otherwise take. There's not much to grasp here, Forest. Every other week, hundreds of applicants apply for some shitty janitorial position. Or burger flipper job. Unemployment benefits will run out. Or do you think that'll just go on forever, too? And your comment about the gen x'ers avoiding skilled labor so future generations will too. Pure horseshit. Where do you get this nonsense, anyway?

#29     Aug 31, 2010
  10. achilles28

achilles28

A Company that must, by force of law. American Companies only hire illegals because they get away with it and don't give a fuck. If the Government actually enforced labor laws and came down hard on illegals and their employers alike, guess what? American Business would do a complete 180 and hire Americans.

You assume everybody is like you. Some wanna-be baller too good to earn a wage. Tens of millions of Americans are working poor. Many of those are white and work 2 jobs. Not everyone is spoiled princess.

#30     Aug 31, 2010