Immigrants Aim To 'Close' US Cities on May 1st

Discussion in 'Politics' started by capmac, Apr 28, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

check your historical facts. ranting against irish immigrants took place over 120+ years.

unfortunately this time may be different.
    the vast majority of illegal immigrants are hispanic who are next door with no ocean to cross.
    of course, this silly policy that any child born in the US is an american citizen by birth is a tremendous lure for illegal immigrants to come to the US.

the ultimate act of hypocrisy comes from the mexican government. they are very severe in their response to potential illegal immigrants to US from other parts of latin american who use mexico as a throughway to the US. When it comes to policing their own border to prevent illegal immigration to the US they do nothing.

#51     Apr 29, 2006
  2. Well put, they are sucking the social services right out of our system. If we were to abolish income tax in favor of sales tax I would not have such an issue with illegal aliens. That's another issue altogether though. Just look in Southern Ca for the number of hospitals which are closing due to financial constraints by people, many of them illegal, showing up at the ER wanting free treatment. Skull Trader will I get free treatment when I get hurt in Mexico, hell no!Cheap labor comes at a very high price. In another thread there was a well placed argument that if we got rid of all the illegals the rate of inflation would simply go up for everything to pay for higher cost of labor. This includes white collar jobs which then use the money to pay for lawn care and other menial services.

#52     Apr 29, 2006
  3. granting citizenship to illegals is like harvard granting diplomas to people that were never accepted... because they snuck into all the courses, sat in the back, and passed the exams. do they deserve a diploma? it is debatable... but if the answer is yes, then why even have an admissions process?

#53     Apr 29, 2006
  4. Citizenship? Who said anything about citizenship?

excerpt to the page linked below:

"Fourth, new laws should provide incentives for temporary, foreign workers to return permanently to their home countries after their period of work in the United States has expired.

Today, I ask the Congress to join me in passing new immigration laws that reflect these principles, that meet America's economic needs, and live up to our highest ideals. (Applause.)

I propose a new temporary worker program that will match willing foreign workers with willing American employers, when no Americans can be found to fill the jobs. This program will offer legal status, as temporary workers, to the millions of undocumented men and women now employed in the United States, and to those in foreign countries who seek to participate in the program and have been offered employment here. This new system should be clear and efficient, so employers are able to find workers quickly and simply.

All who participate in the temporary worker program must have a job, or, if not living in the United States, a job offer. The legal status granted by this program will last three years and will be renewable -- but it will have an end. Participants who do not remain employed, who do not follow the rules of the program, or who break the law will not be eligible for continued participation and will be required to return to their home.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/01/20040107-3.html

#54     Apr 29, 2006
  5. thx lundy just its how I see things

momoNY you are right in a way, Irish immigrants were once accused of being the worst that happen to America and the same was tried with Italians.

As for bighitter Immigration laws today are different from when most of our parents and grandparents immigrated to this land, many European immigrants where in the same situation as latinos are today, hard working people leaving distressed countries and willing to work for little pay as they were in search of a better life and when you say you are a child of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS (with all the due respect you might want to check how they obtained their legal status) many of those that immigrated in the late 40's and 50's had to deal with post-war Europe for which the US fascilitated the admission of people thru the Displaced Persons Act of 1948, the Refugee Relief Act of 1953, The Hungarian Refugee Act of 1956 and the Refugee-Escapee Act of 1957 which allowed the admission of many displaced and unable to come to the US under regular immigration procedures. Todays immigrants although suffering from many of the same problems in their countries of origin such violence, torture and high rate of unemployment do not count with such assistance. And in regards to the violence in schools you write about it has nothing to do with race or legal status I just did a google search and in the last 10 years there have been 22 school shooting related incidents in the US none of the kids accused were illegal immigrants, just FYI.

dandxg If you want to call me liberal go ahead it doesnt bother me I dont even know you.

I am a moderate conservative thats who I am and believe what I see and am not easily influenced by the media. I agree with you and am all for abolishing income tax and increasing the sales tax. Now what I see are hard working immigrants (and Im sure there are those few that are not examplar but we have those in ever race and every nationality in the world) coming to the US looking to exchange their services for US currency, paying sales tax and I bet you anything that the majority of them love this country as much as you and I do and would not have a problem paying income tax even at the low rate of their income. As for the hospitals go I can only say that if you are severly ill or injured no matter where you are from LEGAL or ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS you should receive assistance it is just a humanitarian matter. Now I dont mean to be racist but if we start talking about who is living off of our taxes I think the last one would be the hard working humble immigrant I think its our lazy "brodas and sistas" living in the projects paying little or not rent having a bunch of kinds and exchanging food stamps for crack, they are the drain of the american pocket not the illegal immigrant.

#55     Apr 29, 2006
  6. Well, let's say we let them in, give them the papers...Done deal.

What about people from Africa? What if millions of them wanted to come here and demand citizenship? What is stopping the whole world from comming over and demanding citizenship?

We are paying the price now for the high standard of living we all have. Soon, it will not be so high.

-Kastro

#56     Apr 29, 2006
  7. I know several LEGAL immigrants who, because they speak broken english, work for about $4 - $5 per hour. Though I should say that they're all related, and they perform contracted labor on a per job basis, which often results in sub-$5 per hour pay.

To further elaborate on immigrant workers, I don't think they should be legal citizens. It should be like a gym pass, you sign up for X amount of months, and if you don't renew (by proving you are employed and have paid taxes) you can't use the gym. Pretty simple. They're not legal citizens, but would be entitled to many of the rights an American worker has, but not entitled to the rights American citizens have. Everyone should be allowed to receive Emergency treatment, but they shouldn't be entitled to any government assistance. As far as retirement, they should be allowed to attain personal retirement plans, but not entitled to social security. Immigrant workers should also have some type of clause that says after 10 years or so of full-time work in the US as a migrant worker, you could then go through the naturalization process. Then, they could be considered a legal immigrant. Furthermore, if a worker brings a non-working family to the US, they should have to pay extra into the school system and other public services. This way schools aren't crowded by non-tax paying illegal immigrants. If after all of these extra taxes, immigrant workers still want to come to America (which they will considering many don't make minimum wage now) I say let em. They're already here as it is, many of them contributing illegally to our economy. If we take these types of steps, the long term success of higher American wages, extra migrant worker taxes, and stiff corporate fines/penalties, then our economy could actually benefit in the long run.

(most of this is not directed at you ElectricSavant)

The "born in USA clause" does needs to be thrown out though. An Iranian, North Korean, or (ugh) French citizen could come to America on a temp visa, pop out a kid, and be considered a citizen. That's bogus, I for one don't want a French invasion. :p (just kidding... mostly)

I rarely side completely with President Bush, but the Star Spangled Banner should ONLY be sang in English. It's not a racist thing, it's an American Pride thing. If you sang in public "El Himno de Bayamo" in English, while on Cuban soil, Castro would have you shot on site. While that is a dictatorship and not a democracy, it should still be greatly frowned upon here. Want to here the Star Spangled Banner sang in Korean, by citizens of North Korea? How about we make a music video of Al-Qaida singing it in Persian? Will that tickle your fancy?

#57     Apr 29, 2006
  8. BSAM

BSAM

We can only hope they decide to make their "aim" permanent.

#58     Apr 29, 2006
  9. Thanks... food for thought. Not sure I agree 100%, but fundamentals there are present.

#59     Apr 29, 2006
  10. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

This has nothing to do with immigration, and absolutely nothing to do with American civil rights. This is an insurrection organized by foreign Mexican nationalists and Latin Communists, who both brainwash and encourage young Latinos to stampede into America and stake the claim they are trained to believe is deserved. Once they are in America, these foreign movements use these illegals as political leverage, since Washington is full of weak whores.

Thank the Liberals for teaching America’s young best and brightest how bad patriotism is; how bad nationalism is, and how shameful it is to defend it. When you don’t protect it, you lose it…

Let us all rejoice on May 1st, 2006, and let us thank our Liberals for what happens on that day.

#60     Apr 30, 2006