Immigrants Aim To 'Close' US Cities on May 1st

Discussion in 'Politics' started by capmac, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Haha, I think we should!

Let me get something right here, tell me if I am wrong.

Illegals want work, so we pay them very low wage because who are they going to complain to. They argue that the illegals help run the economy because we don't have to pay them much for the hundreds of job US citizens are not willing to do. Now, if they all want to become legal, and have rights, who in the right mind will pay them like a normal citizen? Don't you think it will backfire for them if they get what they want?

Yea, let's make them legal so we can pay them more for work...I hope bush stands up to them and deports them all! Even though I am Canadian, It still bugs the crap out of me!

-Kastro

#41     Apr 29, 2006
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Regarding the farm work, I have read that once they get the legal status lots of them are "no show" for work.

#42     Apr 29, 2006
  3. Let's not all be racists here. I have no problem at all with Legal immigrants. I have no problem with immigrant workers either, so long as they: are payed minimum wage or higher, pay all state and federal taxes, pay an additional tax for being allowed to take a job from an american citizen, and not allowed to be on government assistance of any kind.

To all those who say these workers are doing jobs that Americans won't do, you're wrong. Many illegal immigrant workers are being paid BELOW minimum wage. Of course Americans aren't going to work for $3 an hour. If the fed gov took a stand and REALLY cracked down on employers, then Americans would do these same jobs for fair wages. By the way, the minimum wage hasn't been changed since 1997. It is currently over 25% below what it was in 1979 when adjusted for inflation.

Crack down on the employers of illegal immigrants, raise the minimum wage, allow immigrant workers to work at minimum wage or higher and require them to pay all regular taxes plus extra immigrant taxes, and do NOT provide federal assistance to illegal immigrants, and this problem shrinks considerably.

And to those who considered rebutting with the damage to the economy of raising wages, I think it should be supplemented through VERY heavy fines against employers of illegal immigrants.

Immigrant workers get due respect, higher wages, safer working conditions (now they can call OSHA, among others), and limited amounts of legal rights. American workers have less competition for employment, higher wages, and a higher job availability. The economy will suffer slightly, but mostly it will be the pocket books of owners of the crooked companies highering illegal immigrants.

#43     Apr 29, 2006
  4. lundy

lundy

well said.

#44     Apr 29, 2006
  5. I believe you have the order reversed

#45     Apr 29, 2006

6. Please elaborate about this being tied to the end of inflationary cycles - references would be appreciated if you have them.

#46     Apr 29, 2006
  7. momoNY

momoNY

People use to say the same crap about Irish immigrants few decades ago.. it's shameful to hear this sh** from a son of two recent immigrants!

#47     Apr 29, 2006
  8. I do not know one illegal that makes less than minimum wage....I just do not get around I guess...

What do we do with them when they retire?

By the way this is not a racist comment. I have always stated this is about legal and illegal...and nothing else..

We are a land of LEGAL immigrants flying the American Flag and singing the American star spangled banner...IN ENGLISH

Michael B.

#48     Apr 29, 2006
  9. Page copy from a book titled "If it's raining in Brazil, buy Strabucks" by Peter Navarro.

Pg 198 enclosed for your review.

There are four other pages regarding inflation I could post if you are interested.

Cheers !!

#49     Apr 29, 2006
  10. That's funny you call someone an asshole because they don't agree with you liberal stance. I think you are the dumb ass.

#50     Apr 29, 2006