Immigrants Aim To 'Close' US Cities on May 1st

Discussion in 'Politics' started by capmac, Apr 28, 2006.

1. I agree, but since it is a little too late, the guest work program the administration has been trying to adopt would resolve this issue, but democrats have opposed it only because it is a republican initiative.

I was only teasing you.....:)

#31     Apr 29, 2006
  2. skull are you advocating we just open are borders and let 100 million mexcicans come to our country? so if we let the 20 million illegals become citizens does it end there? hell no 100 million will be behind them. there sucking our social services to the pt of them collapsing. try goign to the er many times 100 illegals deep with no ins. my wife's a school teacher in a b ig city and they're destroying the whole shcool system as they speak no english and cause huge violence problems. so skull tell me if you legalize all here how do we prevent another 20 mil form coming? the only way to stop this is to prosecute employers who hire them. I'M THE CHILD OF 2 LEGAL IMMIGRANT FROM THE 50'S.

#32     Apr 29, 2006
  3. "Immigrants Aim To 'Close' US Cities on May 1st "

haha! welcome to France.

#33     Apr 29, 2006
  4. What in the program is supposed to prevent more illegals from crossing the borders and prevent employers from hiring this new crop of illegals instead of guest workers who after being "legalized" will have to pay taxes and will likely demand higher wages? Once these issues are resolved we may talk about legalizing existing illegals but not prior to that. The guest worker program should the the last step of the immigration reform, not the first and only one.

No problem. Someone else in this thread accused the left of demanding "rights" for illegals which they are not supposed to have, you accused the left of preventing illegals from getting those rights. Somehow you don't have a problem with each other's views. I am sure you're both just teasing. :D

#34     Apr 29, 2006
  5. hummm kind of..

Kicking out 11 or 20 million illegal immigrants out of the country is not only impossible but economic suicide.

What is preventing all those other illegal immigrants you claim will come after the ones here are "legalized" from having crossed the border already?

If the guest worker program should be the last thing in the menu according to you, what do you propose should be the first, second and third.. ?

Hopefully you have ideas of steps/programs that are or have not already been implemented.

ps. I was teasing you about democrats leaving the country. The truth is that the States would be very boring place without you guys... :p

#35     Apr 29, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

will this protest rally backfire?

#36     Apr 29, 2006
  7. Easy, this is no rocket-science:

Step 1. Deport those who demonstrate on May 1st. Prosecute their employers to the fullest extent of the law - the primary charges will be hiring illegal immigrants and tax evasion. This will go a long way to show them that they are not in France.

Step 2. Start closing the borders immediately. More border patrolmen, more minutemen, build a fence if necessary, barbed wire, make it electric just in case, minefileds if necessary. Whatever it takes, its our border.

Step 3. Inform the nation including all employers that on May 1st 2008 - two year aniversary of the first illegal immigrant strike new laws will go into effect and hiring illegals will no longer be tolerated. That should give them more than enough time to restructure their business and prepare to comply with the new law. Once the law is in effect, employers who break it will be fined $50,000 per incident (half payable to anonymous informers), spend 5 years in jail and their property will be confiscated. Electric chair, lethal injection, lynching and deportation of employers to the country of residence of his illegal workers should not be ruled out either. :)

Step 4. Announce that on November 1st 2007, half a year before the new laws become effective the government will open registration for the guest worker program. In order to qualify a potential guest worker must have documents proving that he was in this country on May 1st 2006 when the new policy was announced. The applicant must speak good english and sing The Star-Spangled Banner in english, not in spanish or mandarin - after all immigration is cultural, not only economic issue. He must be willing to have a tracking device implanted under his skin at employers expense. The device is to be removed when the person qualifies for a green card. Of course the person will be expected to accept in writing "ONE strike and you're out" conditions.

How is that for a plan - tough but fair, economically viable and realistic.

#37     Apr 29, 2006
  8. Give me your hungry and your poor...:) and something about huddled masses....live,love and prosper if you can.

Lets allow the floor traders to get to work on time please. Fly them in.:)

#38     Apr 29, 2006
  9. I think we should all march in Mexico on Labor day to force the land to speak English!

Wifey

#39     Apr 29, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

Your whole conribution is invalid since they all broke the law coming here and second they can leave anytime.
    When they march and boycott I wonder if they stop spending taxpayers money(ER, hospitals schools etc.) for one day too.

#40     Apr 29, 2006