Immigrants Aim To 'Close' US Cities on May 1st

Discussion in 'Politics' started by capmac, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Just putting in my 5 cents. I am an american citizen. I went to college and have worked in the corporate world and now I'm an equity trader. Son of immigrants, a European mother and a Hispanic father who joined the armed forces to protect us all you and me and then became a us citizen (YES believe it or not you dont have to be a citizen to be in the military to risk your life for this country). Then worked hard to become a succesfull business man and contributor.

"LIKE WE ALL ARE NO MATTER WHAT PART OF THE WORLD OUR ANCESTORS CAME FROM".

I believe it is pure hypocrasy of anyone who states that they are less than we are, we are all human beings and when someone comes over to America they are coming here in search for a better life for themselves and for their loved ones (keep in mind just like ALL of our ancestors unless you are american indian) I have seen illegal immigrants bust their ass from latin america and asia and most of them (I rather not generalize) are hard working honesty people. I do agree that they may not pay income tax however sales taxes are paid everytime they purchase milk or bread at the market and state taxes are waived in some states of our wonderful country, and the only reason they dont pay income tax is because they CANT if we had a program in which they can register like a temporary working program as OUR president suggest they will be able to pay what they owe to this country and I am sure they will gladly contribute as this country has given them more than they had before. Immigrants are contributors to this land of the free, the hard working landscaper or hotel housekeeper may not be as important to you but they are contributing to our economy they are not claiming unemployment or living in the projects on food stamps and goverment money, how about deporting all those lazy asses (who call themselves americans but do nothing to give to this country and only take from it) to some deserted island.

I am a proud son of immigrants and contributor as my parents were to this country, I am an AMERICAN.

p.s. poundtherock and bighitter you guys are just assholes

#21     Apr 29, 2006
  2. It is not surprising to see this move. The US has been playing a hypocritical role for a long time already.

On the one hand, the economy needs these 11 million workers. Work that most american's will not do.

Even though we need them, and look the other way most of the time, the INS decides to round them up when the issue becomes a hot political debate in DC.

That is a double standard, no surprise they feel entitled to demonstrate.

The reality and the problem for the US economy (not the stock market necessarily) is the possibility of also adding wage inflation to the picture.

From a historical perspective this happens towards the end of every inflationary cycle.

Will see what happens...
    :)

#22     Apr 29, 2006
  3. Great post.

#23     Apr 29, 2006
  4. Nobody is proposing to deport them instantly, we should deport them gradually. We should probably start with those who are going to be on strike on May 1st.

#24     Apr 29, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

buy gold:D

#25     Apr 29, 2006
  6. Ok ddooddoo

What a great idea but,

Who is going to replace them, you lefty-fascist you ?

I believe this country would be perfect if it was inhabited by republicans and illegal immigrants, and all the democrats just left.

They are a pain in the ass.

:D

#26     Apr 29, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

americans are as dumb as their europeams cousins. every country pays a big price for cheap labor. europe let in an excessive number of moslems and european culture and way of living is being destroyed if not possibly the country. swedish moslem
    youth walk around with t-shirts whicin 2030
    we take over. in the uk an iman says the crescent flag will fly over downing street.

#27     Apr 29, 2006
  8. Technology, legal immigrants who did not break our laws, unemployed americans. Of course the last two categories will rightly demand a living wage.

Actually that was already tried before in this country, only names were different - slaves and slave owners. The arguments were actually very similar - it's good for the economy and it's good for the slaves as their owners took a good care of them. Did not work out all that well then, did it?

#28     Apr 29, 2006
  9. Thx option, just speaking the truth

#29     Apr 29, 2006
  10. There should not be a phrase as UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS (with few exceptions) it should be changed for LAZY ASS REMORA, if you really want to work you can find it.

If you really want a job you can find one in America, just look at the unemployment rate today its at the lowest it has been in many years.

#30     Apr 29, 2006