IMF to Dump Gold!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by PAPA ROACH, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Season home opener for the Dallas Cowboys in the new stadium "palace at dallas". Jerry Jones, the owner, spent $1.1 b on it, so I doubt your $13 b is correct. Quite a stadium, record attendance for a NFL game at 105k.

#31     Sep 21, 2009
  2. ehorn

ehorn

3. IF the chinese are buying it then goldbugs really are fucked.

Not that I'm a great investor, but I think China may be the worst investor EVER.

China adding to long position at 1000 means gold at 600 or lower withing the next year...

lol.

#33     Sep 21, 2009
  4. In addition to holding $30 bil in gold bullion, China is also 'long' nearly $2 TRILLION USD. They can't <i>both</i> sink at the same time, you know.

#34     Sep 21, 2009
  5. Onlygold

Onlygold

Judgments base on emotional prejudice don't make money. Worst investor was variously Japanese, Arabs and now the Chinese. It won't help if I vote the current Champion to be Americans who long politicians and bankers who defaulted wholesale.

Many of the leaders of the current Chinese regime are trained engineers including former president Jiang Zemin who succeeded Deng Xiaoping who encouraged capitalist economics. Their transition towards capitalism was smoother than that of the former Soviet Union which adopted western style democracy. China managed a 1.3 billion population and might have done better overcoming mass poverty than India. Its USD2 trillion reserve is a sign of their success.

So if China supports Gold at USD1000/oz, the rest had better redo their maths.

#35     Sep 22, 2009