IMF Chief Proposes New Reserve Currency to Replace Dollar

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Feb 27, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

"The US rolled 8.2 TRILLION out to support the GLOBAL financial structure as the world's reserve currency and largest economy it was imperative lest a full scale meltdown allow the world to spiral into a horrific deflationary death spiral."

that is opinion among mainstream economists and ET posters who are either clueless or have forgotten the purpose of economic and business cycles. what should one say about the worth of an unanimous opinion?

#21     Feb 28, 2010
  2. I have no stake in this but to learn.

Is your point that we (public global financial interests) would have been fine without massive US gov't intervention?

There are many that currently put forth that the intervention is just delaying or making the inevitable worse. Is that your point?

#22     Feb 28, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

my point is the old saying from the gym no pain no gain. in fact u are guaranteeing more pain down the road by constantly creating larger bubbles. by not allowing deflation except in limited circumstances says that the excesses of the bullish cycle are not washed away. the individuals responsible are not punished for their mistakes. goldman and crew if they survived would have been alot smaller. bank executives would be unemployed up to the highest levels. you can believe wilbur ross and co. would have picked up the detritus at the right price. markets would revive. now financial institutions do not want to anything because the heavy hand of a left wing US government is directing the flow of money instead of the free market. the crap paper remains on the book at inflated prices. the only other way out is inflate the debt out of existence while beggaring the middle class.

we all know the consequences: war and revolution.

#23     Feb 28, 2010
  4. #24     Feb 28, 2010

5. Especially if you are the main culprit in potentially causing said meltdown.

#25     Feb 28, 2010
  6. jem

jem

I am sure in the end. But you don't need to be the government if you own the money. The bankers are essentially running the government with their money anyway.

#26     Mar 1, 2010
  7. That is such a stupid fuxxing moronic headline. They can have a new reserve currency any time they wish by selling more of one and buying more another. Fuck Me...what is this the third fuxxing grade?

#27     Mar 1, 2010
  8. jem

jem

I do not get you point. are you talking reserve currency de jure or de facto?

I would think it would take a lot of rigging to replace the dollar or the euro with some new currency.

how much would they have to sell. the US just created trillions out of think air and the dollar has not collapsed.

#28     Mar 1, 2010
  9. You satanic neocon dimwits consistently obfuscate the fact that republicans have been in power for the better part of 3 DECADES.

The demise of the economy and destruction of the middle class started with Reagan and ended with Bush2.

Stupid neocon satanic monkeys - like you - voting for equally stupid satanic monkeys - who think like you - are the real problem.

Quit blaming your momma, democrats, martian invasions and other miscellaneous imaginary foes for the cluster fuck your flat-earther kind have created.

monkeys like you will blame everyone in the world and yet consistently keep on voting for republican deficit spending, massively invasive/intrusive bureaucratic govt. spending, illegal wars and their favorite trickle-republican piss-on you economic policies.

I hope republicans do get back in power.

When shit falls apart, the fat faggots will make for nice target practice. And I doubt we'll forget the drugged up lard asses who put them back in control.

#29     Mar 1, 2010
  10. #30     Mar 1, 2010