IMC Pacific Testing

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pdos00, Oct 17, 2007.

1. pdos00

pdos00

I have made it to the testing round for IMC Pacific, it involves a numerical test, an interview and a trading simulation I believe. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what kind of things I should expect in the numerical test and the simulation.

I am pretty confident I can get through the interview and the numerical test, however, I've heard that the simulation can be tough.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

2. curtains

curtains

Hi,

I wonder if its worth telling you what these will involve?
    You will be up against people who have no idea that these type of forums exists. They may have more talent than you, but not a trading/finance background or interest.

So, answers to this and similar questions can be found through searching on the net and reading past responses, rather than posting the same question.

Imagine if a trader from IMC is reading this post. They will be very suspicious of anyone excelling at the numerical tests and simulation and possibly throw you 9and other candidates) some curly questions in the interview. Who knows.

3. pdos00

pdos00

I'm not asking for a way of cheating my way through the process, like I said, I am confident that I will be able to pass the interview and numerical tests. I would just like to know what the simulation involves, however. To the best of my knowledge, there is very little information regarding the IMC Pacific simulation, both on the internet and this forum.

4. curtains

curtains

it involves pizza