Imbedded Graphics vs Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by One, Mar 11, 2003.

1. rs7

rs7

Why do you say that? What difference does it make. Linksys is Linksys, n'est pas?

Or are you just doing your usual busting on me? Hey, I admit to being in the dark as far as technology goes. To me, these computers are like a car for most people. Just gotta know how to drive 'em. Knowing how or why they work is meaningless to the majority of drivers.

While having used a computer long enough to have to have known a little DOS probably puts me in the top 1% knowledge-wise among the general population, the gap between my level of knowledge and yours (for example) is HUGE.

Sort of like when I lived in Aspen (as you claim I did not)....tourists thought I was a great skier. I was good enough to be an instructor at Highlands (they had far lower standards than the Aspen Ski Corp.) But I knew the difference between my ability and that of a beginner skier was really less than the difference between my ability and that of the world class skiers. Being in the top 1% in that case, just like in technology, is very unimpressive. So I readily admit to being a total dimwit as far as understanding this stuff. And I admire you guys that actually can make sense of it. Wish I could. But I know I never will.

Peace,
    :)Rs7

#11     Mar 15, 2003
  2. Man, you got the ET History Dredge running full steam today.

You wanna reformat? What O/S? Win98: boot from startup disk and select the choice to make the CD operative. Then at the "C" (or A: for that matter) prompt, type ---> format c: /s /u

BTW, if you have WIN98, you should junk it for WIN2K if the system has enough juice.

#12     Mar 15, 2003