Imagine the humiliation...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fan27, Nov 2, 2018.

1. fan27

fan27

Imagine the humiliation of showing up to a party and hearing all the whispers of ridicule as you BARELY made the list of highest paid hedge fund managers in 2017. In fact, you were DEAD LAST on the list. That was the fate of Michael Hintze for his paltry 2017 compensation of $200 million. I would probably just stay home until I improved my performance.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathan...dge-fund-managers-and-traders-3/#7f92012b3596

2. luisHK

luisHK

Most of us Elite Traders have been through such difficult times during our formative years.
    It was painful to tell the young fiancee she would have to do with a middle class lifestyle for a while but happily it didn t last.

dealmaker, tommcginnis and fan27 like this.
  3. d08

d08

When it happened to me, I thought "what's next, flying with the rest of the cattle in first class? Driving your own Rolls like a simpleton?". A nightmare.

4. Handle123

Handle123

You can always buy two side by side tickets, have you friend sit next to you.

I prefer Fords with the crank.

fan27 likes this.
  5. d08

d08

No need to go that far in history. My grandfather's VAZ (Žiguli/Lada) had an option to use the crank for starting. That car was in daily use as late as the 90s!

[​IMG]

Handle123, dealmaker and sle like this.
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I think that'd be awesome. If it were me, I'd totally ham it up and piss everyone off. Go up to the hors d'oeuvres and yell out "Hey, is this stuff free??" Then delightedly stuff my pockets with shrimp, etc. Loudly ask the bartender "How long is the open bar for? Hey, honey - look. They have the good stuff here!" Sing the Jefferson's theme song. Upset furniture. You know, make everyone uncomfortable.

fan27 likes this.