Imagine that ANYBODY can become very rich ...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Yes, everyone is rich these days, at least as I know in our circle. Join us. Everyone is welcome. It doesn't matter how much you have. Put up a few hundreds, thousands, or even millions, any amount you are willing to contribute to this tremendous bull market. We are in it to win, and we will be.

:p

#11     Nov 3, 2003
  2. qazmax

qazmax

If we break down rich into 3 categories...
    50 % poor
    30 % middle
    20 % rich

If we measure it against the quality of life around the world... most everyone in the US is already rich.

Just one country...
    It is not possible to have 100% rich becuase then you just have one social class, no rich and no poor. There would be no leverage from excess money, since it would not mean more to one person than another.

Right now the reason someone will stick their hand in your sewer line and spare you the indignity, is your money means more to them than you. Take that away and you will learn the pleasure of pipe clearing.

:)

#12     Nov 5, 2003
  3. hee hee I'm happy to have trapped you :D

#13     Nov 6, 2003
  4. huh?

:(

Michael B.

#14     Nov 6, 2003
  5. I believe the original thread was entitled "Imagine that ANYBODY can become very rich...." It did not say "EVERYBODY."

There will be plenty of people to serve you lunch and dinner at restaurants. Not everyone chooses to be rich, and just saying "I want to," is not enough. A committment is required. A committment is required to relearn ineffective beliefs about (fill in the blank)...money, trading, risk, probability, work. It takes committment to sit through the times when you puke your internal guts out getting rid of those old behaviors and acquiring newer, at first foreign, but more effective ones. Not everyone who is rich has had to do this, for most, the attitutes and beliefs were instilled from a young age from family, friends. To those, being rich is second nature, and simple.

But to become rich, if you are not, that takes change. Not everyone is willing to let go of what they are accustomed to and move into unknown territory.

#15     Nov 8, 2003
  6. In America there are no poor people. Your so called "poor" drive cars, have a decent place to live, have TV, stereos, telephones, are well fed (ironically obesity is the problem of the American "poor"), free education, have clothes to wear, clean water, electricity and they dont work much to get all of that. The unemployment and welfare pay you can get here is considrered a high salary in most of the rest of the world.

Poor is an absolute measurement, that is when you are malnurished, no clothes, nowhere to live and work hard to even feed your family.

Relax all of you, you are just fine and are rich if you go anywhere else in the world.

#16     Nov 8, 2003
  7. Well put, everything is relative. Even the poorest in our country here control more resources than many people in other countries. Good point.

#17     Nov 8, 2003